T E N

Song: Ooh Nah Nah- SiR

I V Y

Tutoring Alex isn't as bad as it normally is. He's actually paying attention and gaining something.

I keep catching him staring at me though.

We do this thing where we both do our work and sometimes he would stare and look away when I looked at him.

"I think we both deserve a break" He refers to the work we've been doing before standing up.

"I guess" I shrug stopping my work to look at my phone.

"Do you have anything to eat here?" He asks standing up and walking to my mini fridge and I squint.

"Oh, so you just raid my fridge?" I ask and he shrugs.

He takes a ginger ale and one of my chips before sitting back in the chair. The silence is loud and very awkward so I'm just looking around picking at my nails.

"So you and Jayden?" He asks and I look at him and then away.

"What about him?" Alex tilts his head at me trying to see through my tone.

"Are you guys still gonna..?" He asks unsure of his own words and I tilt my head right before shaking it.

"We were just having sex, I mean I didn't know anything about him now that I think about it, it was kinda silly for me to think that it was something intense though, like Sasha and Kimani" I explain then mentally slap myself for ever opening up that much to anyone, especially Alex.

"It's not silly, I get it, I think" He tries to make me feel less bad and I appreciate it.

"Well even though we don't like each other at least you didn't let me look stupid thinking what was going on was real" he laughs at that, I never get why he always laughs.

"You didn't deserve Jayden anyways" he starts and instantly my face changes, he's being nice it's odd.

"And well Jayden, he's- he doesn't do the relationship thing, me and him we just don't date, we hookup" he shrugs and I look at him while he lightly laughs.

"Everything is a joke to you, I find nothing funny," I tell him and he looks at me.

"There you go, taking everything so seriously" He groans losing the fun in his tone.

"Because you're being shitty," I tell him and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Okay Ivy, whatever" He changes the topic but I roll my eyes, too tense to even go back to work.

"Why do you always roll your eyes at me?" He asks and it's not a curious ask, I know for sure.

"Because I can" I taunt back and he looks at me as if he's debating what to say in his head.

"Anyways, back to physics right," I tell him and he just raises his eyebrows.

THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS

Alex and I now study in my dorm, it's been pretty good and we haven't been arguing too much.

Since I also have a physics test we decide to take this session to study ourselves and quiz each other. Unfortunately, he keeps complaining about back pains from the chair.

I probably would have just forced him on Kimani's bed but I'd never disrespect her space like that.

I just don't want him in my bed with his outside clothes but I also don't want to see him in anything less.

"Ivy I haven't been anywhere in these clothes, they've been in my locker and I changed out my practice gear before I came here" He practically pleads and I groan.