T H I R T Y S I X

I V Y

I think we have this competition in the bag, we did pretty good.

Or so I thought because we lost, we lost the competition.

And Don't get me started on how we all thought okay next week will be our week, nope we were wrong.

Someone fell out their stunt and we lost AGAIN.

We're now hitting the one month mark since competition season started and if we lose for the fourth consecutive time we're absolutely screwed.

Honestly at some point I thought we were just flopping and needed extra practice but I was wrong when I found out the guys lost bother their games too.

We're cursed.

"Ivy you don't get it, us loosing this game is bad because if we don't make it to our college playoffs scouters from NFL teams won't see us play and that'll be another opportunity gone" He explains and I mean I do understand it's the same for us.

"Trust me, I know it's the same for us, if we loose we'll never make it to Daytona and we'll have to wait another season" I explain but Alex just keeps pacing back and forth while I sit on his bed.

"Yeah but you're just cheering nobody is really scouting you, you won't do cheering forever as a career because as you get older you just won't move the same but NFL players last a lifetime and It's crucial to have scouts see us" He starts and I squint.

I know cheering isn't forever but I can still cheer on NFL teams and after that i'll probably be moving into my 30's and I want to coach a team or I want to open my own studio, I also have things I want to achieve and I feel like he's belittling it.

"Cheering is just as important too, Don't you think most people go to your games for our halftimes, who voluntarily watches college football during NFL season? Nobody and honestly the cheerleaders help you guys gain more awareness, if we win at Daytona more people will look into us and go to your games" I try to explain but he shakes his head.

"Are you crazy? lots of people watch college football especially during NFL season, if you guys loose that's fine because you're just cheering in cute skirts, If we lost then we'd loose our rep, you guys wouldn't be a thing without our football reputation, it's just more important and I think you should understand that" He tells me, he's not even having an equal conversation anymore either he's just talking to me like he's above me and like i'm a child. Taking me back to my home life.

"Where are you going?" he asks when he sees me putting on my shirt and my shorts.

"Im leaving" I mumble getting all my things.

"Why? Is it because I told you loosing football games are more important? You don't have to be so thin skinned Iv, I didn't mean it like that" Thin skinned? THIN SKINNED? I'm not thin skinned, I just don't like feeling small and that's how I feel in this conversation.

I don't even respond I just walk to the door.

"Ivy, look I didn't want to hurt your feelings It's just-" More excuses, I don't even let him finish I just slam the door right in his face walking down the steps and out his.

I'm going straight to the gym to practice.

When I stop by the dorm there's Sasha and Kimani in there but they're arguing specifically.

I've never seen them argue.

"Sasha you're not understanding we're losing and even if cheering isn't as big as NFL footballing it's important to me and I didn't wanna lose because we have a reputation" She explains just like me.

"I can't do this right now" Sasha mumbles turning away and walking out, purposely slamming the door.

"Ughhhhhhh men are so self absorbed" Kimani lays down flat on her bed.

"Tell me about it" I lay next to her just as annoyed.

"What happened with you and Alex?" She furrows her brows.

"Pretty much the same with you and Sash, he kept saying cheering isn't as important and all this and the fifth, It's so dumb to me honestly" I roll my eyes before I close them.

We have an emergency practice early in the morning, While Kimani, I, and the girls go we also avoid any contact with the guys.

They've all been shitty to us it's the worse it's been since high school where the guys would put us on their teams last pick because we're girls.

"Okay, so as you may know we are on a losing streak" Coach Daisy starts to speak and I know it's paining her to even say the word loose.

"Along with the guys team they're loosing as well, so Coach C decided to switch things up for the next couple of practices" She smiles slightly and We just look at her all almost ready to snap.

"The guys are going to show you how they practice for games and you guys are going to show the guys how you practice for games, I've been hearing a lot about this whole argument between the both teams because one feels like they do more than the other well you guys both do a lot" She explains but nobody smiles we're all upset.

"When does this start?" Ciara asks and just as she does Coach Daisy starts to tree towards the door.

"Funny you ask that because you guys are starting Day 1 today which is going to be the guys guiding you" She smiles and we all groan.

"Hey hey hey, please let's not rebuttal, we're loosing and unless you want to loose again you're going to learn their techniques" She explains while we follow her down to the football field.

"But coach, How is us pushing weights and tackling each other in any way related to cheering and stunts, there's no correlation" Kimani tells her as we walk but she shush's her.

"It's not about correlation, if you gain that body strength then you'll catch the girls easier, if you learn the balance of running through the tires with high knees you'll learn precision" She starts and we groan, eventually we make it to the field and all the guys are lined up waiting to boss us around.

"So we decided to split you guys up into two groups, first group will start on one technique and the other will work on another technique" Coach C shouts and lets the guys go off the teach.

Of course they'd put me in a group with Alex and Sasha and Jayden and all their friends making this even more awkward.

I haven't texted Alex or talked to him since I stormed out and he hasn't spoken to me at all either.

"Okay so i'm Ethan as you all may or may not know, I'm the captain and we'll be doing our half round dummy workout, you're basically going to step over each half dummy, if you step on the dummy or trip or fall the whole group has to start over" He explains and We collectively groan.

We all get in line and start the stepping, It cant be that hard, I mean It just can't you're literally doing latter high knees.

When It comes to the box dye redhead three girls ahead of me who happens to be a senior Alex gladly goes to help her out, why does she need help to step over a dummy? Who's the real dummy here?

She fumbles over one and dramatically falls into Alex's arm but girl you know damn well you didn't fall that damn hard, she's a damn lie isn't she.

A/n: I'm giving y'all all the drama and jealousy today !