F I F T E E N

I'm not sure what possessed Alex but now he's walking me to the area where we practice cheering at.

What the hell is he doing.

"What are you doing Alex" I ask him.

"Walking you" Bullshit, he's not doing this for the pure intention of walking me.

Then just When Laylas eyes turn to us I automatically get it.

"I thought kissing was enough to make it look like Layla wasn't your girlfriend" I ask but it isn't really a question it's more of a telling.

"It was but now it's more to it" He mutter and I squint.

"what more is there to it" I start to feel a little bit aggravated and out of the loop.

"Hear me out, we can keep this whole thing going for the next few days until she gets the hint" He offers and I scrunch my face up.

What type of bullshit.

"I'm not your escape route I don't need Layla and her minions bothering me about you, and if you kissing me and hooking up with another girl wasnt proof enough then you need to muster up the balls to tell Layla she's delusional and you two aren't dating!" I snap and he looks at me with no reaction, no fucking reaction.

His face is literally blank, like there's not a thought in there, like everything I just said went through one ear and out the other.

"I thought you didn't care what Layla thinks?" He asks and I squint, feeling close to wrapping my hands around his throat.

"I don't but I normally don't purposefully antagonize her, I leave that girl alone because I know my own boundaries and she doesn't" I attempt to explain but I realize the words I use aren't small enough for his pee wee football brain when he's just looking confused.

"Okay but at least let me walk you" He asks looking at me, with that look it's so easy for me to fold but I won't, Not again.

That stupid kiss we shared earlier was me folding and I'll never do that again.

I don't reply instead I just continue to walk trying to ignore him.

When I do make it to the stands with everyone Layla and Sofia are eyeing me but so is Delilah,
Kimani, Ciara, and Leilani.

"You can go now" I mumble to Alex and he looks at me right before planting a kiss on my cheek.

Making all the girls do that stupid aww sound anytime they see something cute, this was not cute, it's not cute!

"I'll explain later" He mumbles in my ear which I only ignore walking away from him.

"That was so cute, I didn't know you were seeing Alex Jones" One of the blondes speak up and before I can even think of a response here comes Layla and her minions.

"She isn't, Alex is just kissing up to her because he so desperately needs an A in math" Layla taunts and for the first time I'm choked up, not because I don't know what to say cause trust me I have a list of shit to say to Layla, however I'm choked up because part of me wants to listen to what Alex has to say and not fuck it up just yet.

"Or maybe Alex isn't into stuck up snobby bitches that can't take no for an answer" Kimani jumps in, I swear that girl can defend anyone but herself.

"Okay Alright, enough ladies" One of the senior captains step in but Layla doesn't stop running her mouth.

However I ignore it, if it's anything imma do it's gonna be ignore Layla, ol' girl is not only delusional but she loves drama and attention and she'll find it in any way to get it.

Most of practice is fine, we're forming dances for our competition that's in less then two weeks and when forming the lines guess who crashes into me.

Layla.

"Watch where you're going" she yells and this time i actually respond.

"You bumped into me" I squint at her and she looks me up and down.

"I wouldn't have if your big ass wasn't in the way" this causes everyone to snap their heads at us, for one i'm not 'big' im slim thick, and I do have a big ass i'll take that as a compliment.

"thank you, if you want to have a fat ass like mine maybe you should try actually eating" my comment makes everyone go silent. Oh well, I will not be bullied especially by Layla, i'll always defend myself.

"Trust me I don't want an ass like yours, nobody's into that" little does she know.

"Oh but Alex is" I taunt with a slight devious smile making her face start to pale.

I'm digging myself in a deeper hole.

By the time practice is over Layla and I are far from each other but Alex is rushing up to me.

"You need to tell me what the hell you're planning because I think I just fed into the lie that we're seeing each other" I tell him and he looks at me confused.

"Layla came for my ass literally and all I said was she wished she had one like mine and Alex loves my ass and that shut her up" I explain and Alez tries to Hide his laugh.

"It's not funny she called me big and she wasn't talking about my ass, I'm not big I'm like 5'6 and a half with semi thick thighs, that is not big Alex" I try to explain but he only stares at me.

"Stop obsessing over how you look, because now you're gonna sound like her, you're perfect Ivy but I don't think you need me to say that because you already know that yourself" He explains and that knocks me straight.

"Anyways when are you gonna change your hair" He asks and I furrow my brows.

"Why? Is it bothering you that me, a black woman, has had the same hair for over two weeks?" I ask taunting him as a joke and he widens his eyes.

"No, no of course not, I was only asking because I really like the color on you and I think you should keep it in longer" He gets all worked up making me laugh halfway through his sentence.

"I'm just playing around Alex, but I don't know I was gonna change it and do braids, wearing a wig everyday is cute until you have to wake up early to make sure it doesn't look crazy" I explain but then I realize I'm talking to a privileged white boy who has never felt the touch of black 4c hair.

"Are you gonna do the locs like Kimani or those knotless braids?" He asks and I stop in my tracks snapping my head to him, oh this man is a hoe.

"What Ivy? I know about the protective braiding styles, I know more than you think" He explains and I continue to walking with him deciding to continue the conversation.

"Well I was gonna do knotless because the first day of competition is coming up and I won't really have to wake up earlier then I already have to, to do my hair" I explain and he nods like he understand the struggle which is the tiniest bit cute.

"Well I think you should get them and put the same colors in the wig in the braids because the colors of the hair you're wearing now brings out your eyes and it's a nice color on you" He explains and I can only nod, too stunned to speak.

"I'll keep that in mind" I mutter walking over to the side walk getting ready to walk to my dorm but he pulls my arm stopping me.

"Did you forget you're still my tutor" He asks and my mouth forms an O in realization and I nod my head walking back in his direction.

He opens the car door for me and I assume he's driving to his place which I don't prefer to be at mainly because of Jayden, but when he makes a familiar turn I realize we're going to my dorm.

"I thought we were going to your place, You don't have your books at mine" I ask and Alex doesn't respond he only grabs a bookbag from the backseat.

"I know you rather not be around Jayden so I just packed my school stuff before I left" he explains and I nod trying to hide any impact those little things have on me.

A/N: and we're back to the frequent updates whooopppp look at me feeding y'all.