F I F T Y T H R E E

^Kimani and Ivy at the party

I V Y

"You know Alex tried to talk to me when I was coming to the dorm, he asked if i'm still his tutor" I tell Kimani and Sasha as we get in the car.

"He needs to work of finding that baby a home instead of looking for a tutor because Leilanis Haitian parents aren't gonna let her live with them and Alex's racist family sure as hell is not taking in a halfbreed baby unless it looks more like Alex" Kimani talks and Sasha widens his eyes.

"Sorry" She mumbles remembering that's still Alex's best friend.

I don't blame him they've been through a lot together just like me and Kimani.

Once we arrive to the party Sasha opens the door for Kimani then me.

"We're at some random beach house?" I ask feeling weary about this all.

"No this is Kadens family's place" I still don't like it but whatever.

"You look amazing by the way" Sasha compliments me and I smile.

"That's what I said, she's beautiful isn't she" Kimani holds my hand while we walk.

I took out my hair and changed it, fresh wig fresh start.

"Alex fumbled the bag" Kimani needs to stop teaching this white boy these words.

"Kimani, what the hell are you teaching this boy?" I ask her and she laughs.

"I talk on the phone and he listens, nobody told him to" She shrugs.

"Well you were telling your mom you were finna beat Leilanis ass-" But I cut him off bursting in laughter.

"Please don't repeat that Sash, ever" I tell him and he nods.

We walk into the party with music blasting and honestly I'm nervous, Nervous I'll see him.

Kimani and Sasha stay by my side but honestly I feel like i'm being babysat, I came to a party to have fun not to be sappy.

"You two go off, I'll go and mingle" I smile and Kimani asks me if i'm sure but I completely advise her to go with Sasha.

Now that I'm alone I just want to get into some shit, It never hurts to be freshman Ivy.

A L E X

I decided to go to a party.

I can't be in a funk forever, I have to figure out what to tell Ivy and I have to find a way to say it without making things worse.

For some reason I feel like how things are is better than me explaining my side.

Consider this me protecting her.

By hurting her? Not intentionally though.

When I arrive to Kadens party it's very active, not surprising though.

People are literally everywhere, I don't even know why I came here.

I just thought it was far away from Ivy and the further I am from her the easier this would be.

I just want to get her off my mind for the night, distract myself.

Showing up in grey sweats and a black hoodie in a hot house wasn't smart but I don't have much to loose at this point.

I have a couple drinks and walk around but I stop when I see a couch with a couple people.

There's guys on the side talking, then there's people on the couch, between the guys and those the people there's two girls, literally making out.