S E V E N T Y T H R E E

I V Y

Simple, that's what I'm wearing since I'm being sent to speak to this man, something simple.

I think I look pretty good.

Alex and I walk into a room where it's just me, Alex, and the man so we could speak.

"What are you doing here?" He asks looking at Alex explicitly since he's probably known him.

"I know you didn't crash into that car" Alex looks at him sincerely.

"No shit I didn't and I explained that to you repeatedly but you still let your sister do this to me" Wait. Alex knows this guy? He let his sister put him in jail even if he knew she did it.

"Well consider this my apology, I can get you out and put her in" I'm still just so lost.

"And how's that?"

"I was in the car she crashed into" I speak up and he looks at me.

"I didn't see who did it I just saw that you were getting arrested for it but then Alex told me that Alexis crashed into a car one night and we put it together"

"Yeah? Well, you're too little too late, I've been in here for over two years, there's no way possible that you can find evidence to prove I'm not guilty, and even if the case is closed, they don't reopen old cases" They will when you're filthy rich.

"Trust me they will, I just need more evidence of that night, I need witnesses and physical proof, anything that goes back to what happened that night and I promise you you're out of this place" Alex seems set to his promise but then again the guy looks offset.

"Even if you got me out Alex I'll make sure you'll get put right in Jail with your sister as an accomplice. You knew I didn't do it and you let her lie, you let her put me in jail and for that, I'll never forgive you, if anything I'll make sure if I ever get out you're the first person going in" I knew it wasn't going to be that easy.

"I'd like to go back now" He calls for the guard but Alex doesn't say anything else.

Instead, when he leaves Alex stands up and walks out leaving me just sitting here confused.

Eventually, I stand up and go back outside where Alex is sitting in his car with his head against the wheel.

"Alex" I run my hand through his hair but he doesn't respond he still has his face pressed to the wheel.

"Communication" I remind him and he finally brings his head up looking at me, almost like he's on the verge of tears.

"Alex were you about to cry? Look it's fin-" But he stops me there.

"It's not fine Ivy, none of this is fine" His nose is red but he isn't really crying yet.

"I don't need to put Alexis in jail it's fine I just want to from a personal vendetta but I'm done grieving Iris I'm celebrating her now and this is a lot for me and you so we don't have to do it." I try my best to just push away that harsh feeling. I wish there was something I could have done beforehand but it's fine.

"Ivy no, Don't you get it? My family as a whole has put you through enough hell from the second you and I started dating even back to when it was just Iris and Andrew, Do not stop doing anything you wanted to do for the sake of me. I should have been responsible and I should have told the truth, I shouldn't have lied, I was enabling my sister's issues and I'm in the wrong as well so I'll take that up with myself" Even if he is really wrong that doesn't mean I want him in jail.

If he goes to jail then I may as well have lost another person I love. It feels like picking between avenging Iris or keeping Alex and if I can't have both of there's no point.