Chapter 35

Early morning At the Van Dahl mansion, Ana and Jim lay in bed together while Ed is in the kitchen, making coffee after a long night of three-way love making. Jim wrapped his big, strong arms around Ana, holding her as she sleeps on his bare chest. Jim recounted the time he met Ana for the first time. It was three years ago when he met Ana when she use to be a club singer at Fish Mooney's club.

                                           FLASHBACKS

Three years ago, Jim and Harvey we're investigating on who killed Thomas and Martha Wayne? They went to Mooney's Nightclub to talk with Fish Mooney if she or her goons are involved? There, he meet's a young Anastasia Renee, a 20 year old model, singer, fashion designer, and she even runs her own boutique. He couldn't stop looking at her. Her beauty and her tough attitude and sense of humor it's what captivated him. One night, Jim went back to the club and saw Ana sing on stage, wearing a red strapless dress and singing, "Why Don't You Do It Right." (Jessica Rabbit singing this song from the movie, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?").

After the show is over, Jim knocked on her dressing room door, Ana opens the door and Jim pulls Ana into a heated kiss and he closes the door from behind, despite having a fiance, who is waiting for him to come home. After that, Jim went home to the penthouse he shared with his fiance, Barbara. They continued their affair for like, a few weeks and surprisingly, no one caught on, expect Harvey, who's suggested Jim to end it before someone gets hurt, but Jim continues on until Barbara becomes suspicious of Jim being out so late at night or left very early in the morning. Then it all come crashing down.

Renee Montoya, a major crimes unit who's also investigating the Wayne murders, and is the ex-girlfriend of Barbara Kean. She saw Jim and Ana kissing in the alley and took pictures. She still loves Barbara and thinks that showing her the pictures will have Barbara break up with Jim and get back together with her. She sends the photos to Barbara and once Barbara sees them, she went ballistic. She break up with Jim and kicked him out. She and Renee get back together, but only briefly since Barbara still loves Jim, despite cheating on her.

Jim told Ana that this could not continue on and break off their affair. This crushed Ana, she really loves Jim and when Jim told her to end it, not only cause he hurt Barbara, but because the GCPD didn't like the thought of a GCPD officer and a future crime queen being together. Jim couldn't risk losing his job, so he decided to end their secret affair relationship, even know deep inside, he's hurting. Jim starts dating Lee after that and Ana was sad and angry over it.

Edward Nygma is still reeling over Kristen Kringle leaving town with her abusive ex (he killed her and told everyone she left). That night at the bar, he saw Ana getting harassed by a bunch of drunk perverts. He defended and saves her and she thanks him for that. Ed brings her to his apartment so she can rest and she told him about how Jim broke her heart and seeing him with Lee made her feel depressed. Ed was really angry at Jim for making Ana feel this way. He had a small crush on her since she first walked into the GCPD, wearing a short red dress and thinks she's pretty, but he still like Kristen at the time.

Then Ed got an idea? He says that they should date each other and make Jim really jealous when he sees them happy together. At first, Ana didn't like it, but thought "he hurts her, she hurt him back", and agreed with the plan. The next day, Ana walked into the GCPD, wearing a revealing short black dress. Most of the male officer stared at her for who knows how long? Jim was working on a case when he sees Ana walk towards Edward and kissed him right in front of everyone. Everyone was shocked, most of them thought " how come a nerd like Ed get a girl like that?" Jim was shocked and kinda hurt deep inside.

He couldn't stop thinking about them. Whenever he sees them kissing in the GCPD, the club, or somewhere else, he's filled with anger and jealousy. It made him wanna punch Ed in the face just for making out with the women who understand the real Jim Gordon and not the goody goody Jim Gordon that everyone, even Lee want him to be. Lee ask him what's wrong? but Jim's response is either stress from work or he's tired? He loves Lee a lot, but with Ana...he feels more open, excepting, and more himself then ever. Because of his jealously, anger, and not telling them about it? Lee dumped him because she couldn't take it anymore.

That night after her burlesque performance, Jim went into her dressing room, were she's changing and told her that he still in love with her and that seeing her with Ed or any other man, made him feel envy and rage that he just couldn't hold himself. At first, Ana didn't believe him, saying he hurt her really bad and that she finds someone who will treat her better and not to hide of their relationship. Jim says he feels really guilty and ashamed for hurting her, but Ana didn't wanna hear it and ask him to leave, but Jim refused. He grabbed both of her arms and she tried to free herself, but Jim got a hold on her. She stops and they looked each other. Their faces came closer and closer to a kiss, that is until Edward barge in here.

Then came the love triangle showdown. Ed yelled at JIm of why he tried to kiss his girlfriend? and Jim says that he still loves her. Ed started to laugh and said to Jim that he doesn't love her, that he'll hurt her more, and that he was the one that will make her happy. Jim said that letting her go was a big mistake and that he can't changed the past, but want's to continued their future. Ed doesn't believe that on second. He taunt Jim that he satisfied her for almost everyday since they dated and she couldn't stop asking for more. This drove Jim in a fit of explosive rage. He punched Ed in the face, then Ed punch him, and they started fighting.

Ana didn't know what to do? She tried to stop them, but it was no use. She screams at the top of her lungs to stop. They both stop and Ana said they she couldn't pick with one? So in her head, she thought that they should have a three-way relationship. At first, both Jim and Ed didn't like that idea? would that even work? Then with much talking, they decided to give it a try. They started with a heavy making out session, then came the clothes off, and was about to go a bit further, if it haven't been with Beavis and Butt-Head spying on them.

Since then, things started going great for them. Riddler and Penguin's crime spree started going down and Jim is in a much happy mood. Harvey didn't like the idea of Jim in a three-way relationship with Riddler and Penguin, he thinks it's a very bad idea and things will not look good for him. But for the first time in his life, Jim doesn't care, all that matter is that he's happy.

                                     END OF FLASHBACK

Ed came into the bedroom with a tray of coffee cups. Ana woke up with the smell of Verona coffee. The three drink their cups, had breakfast, get dressed, and start the day. Ana called the limo drive to drive her and Ed at a office building for a meeting. After finishing their breakfast and finished getting ready, The three of them went outside of the front of the mansion, waiting for the limbo driving. It has now been 10 minutes and Ana is getting impatient.

Ana (Penguin): Where the hell is he?

Ed (Riddler): I don't know? We're gonna be late if this idiot doesn't show up.

Jim: Be patient you two! Maybe he got stuck in traffic?

Ana (Penguin): Like some excuse, he could have at least call.

Then a black stretch limousine with darkened windows pulls into the mansion. The three stares at their reflection in the windows, wondering why's he late? Finally, the rear front window zips down, revealing Butt-Head, wearing a dark suit with a limbo hat.

Butt-Head: Hey baby! Uh huh huh. Like it long? Uh huh huh huh.

The three gave a frustrated sigh! They don't wanna see that idiot again! They both said at the same time.

Jim, Ed, Ana: Oh no!