Chapter 78

The scene opens up in the courtroom. Barbara Kean is on the witness stand. The court clerk is holding the bible. Barbara places here left hand on the bible and raises her right hand.

Court Clerk: [speaking indistinctly] Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Barbara: I do. [sits down on the witness stand]

District Attorney: What is your name?

Barbara: Barbara Kean.

District Attorney: What is your occupation?

Barbara: I owned a club called The Sirens.

District Attorney: And?

Barbara: And that's it.

She lied. But the District Attorney knows she's lying.

District Attorney: Ms.Kean, May I remind you that you're under oath.

Barbara: Fine! I'm a gangster, or mob leader, or whatever?!

District Attorney: On the night of August the 13th, were you working at the Sirens the night this murder was committed?

Barbara: Yes, but I didn't do it.

District Attorney: Then, who killed Lance Smith?

Barbara: I don't know?

District Attorney: [yells] Didn't you kill Lance Smith?

Defense Attorney: [stands up] I object, your honor. And ask that the last question be stricken off the records. It is merely an attempt to influence this intelligent, broad-minded and most intellectual jury.

The next scene shows a shot of the jury and all of them look like they're in a daze.

Judge: Objection sustained.

Defense Attorney: Thank you, your honor.

District Attorney: [to Barbara] That is all!

Barbara gets up and walks away from the witness stand. A parrot that's in cage next to defense attorney starts talking.

Parrot: [squawks] Find the letter.

Defense Attorney: [to the parrot] Quiet Polly! [to the judge] If it please the court, you honor. At this time, I would like to introduce my two main witnesses: Beavis and Butt-Head.

The defense attorney turns around and sees a sign on the spot where the two idiots were sitting. The sign reads "Gone to lunch- Beavis and Butt-Head"

Barbara: Great! Just great.

Barbara said in frustration. She knows that these two will ruined her chance of freedom. The defense attorney leaves the courtroom and enters another room. Inside the room, he sees a crowd of people. He spreads the crowd out and the two boys are on the floor playing games. Butt-Head is playing tic-tac-toe on the floor and Beavis is bouncing a ball and grabbing objects on the floor. Beavis spreads the objects all over Butt-Head's tic-tac-toe game. Beavis bounces the ball, grabs the objects and it ruins Butt-Head's game.

Butt-Head: Hey! What's the idea of spoiling the game? Ass munch! Uh huh huh huh.

Beavis: Um, not my fault your game is in the way! Heh heh heh.