Chapter 80

This is my version of how Penguin parents met and her earlier childhood

Warning: Emotional, cancer

At the Van Dahl mansion, Ana is ordering he staff to clean everything inside because her father and "bitch ass" stepfamily, who she still hates, are coming over in a few hours. Ana has a complicated feeling going on, and it's not just her pregnancy doing, it's the family. At first, she's excited to see her father. She hasn't seen him in so long. But the other thing that she doesn't want to deal with her "damn" stepfamily. Just thinking about them, made her want to order her men and "finished" the job. But unfortunately, she can't cause of her father, and she might be a suspect? Anyway, she sits back onto the couch and thinks about her parents and how it come to this.

                                                         FLASHBACK

Years before, her father, Elijah met her mother, Maria when she works as a cook for his family. They immediately fell in love. But they must keep their love secret as his parents will never accepted. But then, they somehow found out, and they forbade this relationship between their son and one of their servants. But despite Elijah standing up to his parents, Maria was already gone. Some time after this, Gertrud gave birth to Ana. She never told him about his daughter, outta fear that his family might find out about this and who know what they'll do? So, she told Ana that her father had passed before she was born.

5 years later, they're paths come across on a diner where Maria was working as a waitress. Soon, they rekindle their love. But it didn't last long, as Maria discovers that Elijah was engaged to be married. Heartbroken, she leaves. Then, the unexpected happened as she discovers that she's pregnant again. Soon after, she gave birth to another daughter, Natalia. Again, she didn't tell him about her. As time went on, Maria went on to become an actress on stage, something she always wanted to do, and raised her daughters on her own. Things we're going smoothly...until things, will never be the same.

While working, Maria finds a lump on her breast. Terrified, she went to the hospital for tests. The doctors tells her that she had breast cancer. Maria was devastated. She doesn't wanna leave her daughters. So, she had surgery to remove the cancer. Six months passed, and Maria felt better. She thought she's better, or so? Back at the hospital, doctors did some more tests, and discovered that the cancer had come back and it's in stage 4. She was terrified. What she's gonna do? How she's gonna explained to the girls?

Ana and Natalie, who we're 13 and 8 at the time, didn't understand what is happening as Maria tells them. As time went by, she went through surgeries, chemo, but still. Because of the ongoing complications due to the cancer, Maria experienced weight and hair loss, so much so, that she couldn't get outta bed. But the hardest of it all, was saying goodbye to her kids. She starts tearing up as she didn't want to leave. Her biggest regret is that she never told Elijah about his kids or that how much she loves him.

In her hands are ten envelopes, each have ten letters. Each letters represents what their future lives. Each of them said in writing, "high school graduation, wedding day, birth of first child", and so on. The reason she wrote all them down was because she wished she can be there for them in each of them, and writing all down is like she's right there, with them. In her last breath, she says, "I love you til infinity". She passed, leaving her daughter heartbrok
en.

                                                END OF FLASHBACK

The flashback stops as Ana began to tear up a bit. She still misses her mother. Minutes later, she wiped the tears away and went back to work before they came. Meanwhile, Beavis and Butt-Head we're watching TV as usual when a knock on the door was heard.