Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Fragrance

    Dark night.

    The eunuch who was in the palace had just left from the outside of Gyeongbokgung Palace.

    The cold wind in the early winter was biting. Except for the servants who were watching the night, there was no one on the road.

    Suddenly, there was a thud in Gyeongbokgung Palace, as if something had been smashed.

    Gyeongbokgung Palace is still brightly lit, with more than a dozen lamps lit in the palace, illuminating the interior of the palace as bright as day.

    The sweet scent of incense smells refreshing and most soothing. There are all kinds of cherished ornaments in the house, which are extravagant and luxurious, showing the dignity of the owner of the palace.

    "Are you out of breath now?"

    The owner of the Jingfu Palace, the current queen of Daqi, was not asleep at this time, and was sitting neatly on the beauty's couch.

    The woman picked up a cup of tea at random, and the golden butterfly on her head fluttered and fluttered. The step and the delicate and soft face complemented each other, making her more noble and beautiful.

    The queen is the emperor's first wife, and now she is in her forties, but she looks much younger on the surface. Her well-defined features, extravagant makeup, and solemn dress made her look a little serious. It was already late at night, and the tiredness on her face could not be concealed.

    "The son is just too angry." King Su just dropped a tea cup, and when he saw the tiredness of the mother, he lowered his voice.

    "My father actually raised the seventh brother to beat me in the face today, and even rewarded the fifth one, and the son couldn't be angry. Everyone is a concubine, the son is the eldest son, and he has the position of the prince. How can he still be angry with his younger brother? !"

    The more King Su said, the more angry he became, and his voice couldn't help but grow louder.

   The palace maids who were serving on the side were trembling, for fear of being angered by King Su.

    "Okay! Don't make trouble if you calm down." The queen frowned slightly, closed her eyes and gently rubbed her temples.

    Just now, King Su's voice made her have a headache.

    "What happened today is also wrong for you. You are already the eldest son. If you don't make a mistake, the crown prince will not be able to get around you."

    After  some words, King Su lost his voice, his face flushed red, and he stood not far away waiting for the queen to lecture.

    After rubbing for a while, the queen felt better, and then continued to say: "The princes below are all waiting for you to make a mistake and give them the throne of the prince, but you still don't know how to restrain yourself."

    "Yes, mother... ..." King Su's voice became quieter, and only then did he realize his mistake, and the thought of being grabbed by the rest of the younger brothers and pulled him down, he broke out in a cold sweat.

    "This palace is also aware of your concerns, but the seventh prince is still young and has nothing behind him. Even if someone is planning for him now, he won't be able to make any waves. The emperor's promotion of him today is just because you did something wrong. I did." The queen stood up and sighed, "The most important thing is not the seventh prince, but the fifth prince."