Chapter 66

Chapter 66: The Halo Upgrades Again

    Because it was the first time to go to work, Shen Chu deliberately woke up early, and he had arrived with a set of official uniforms with the imperial decree.

    It's just that it's too late to make a fitting official uniform, so I took a set of old official uniforms to recharge. Wait until today to start serving and then tailor-made official uniforms.

    Shen Chu didn't know much about wearing official uniforms, so Ming Ming put them on for him.

    "I heard that the eldest young master is ill. He lay in bed for most of the day yesterday. Since last night, he has been feeling feverish and dizzy, his limbs are sore, and he looks like a cold." Ji Ming said while dressing Shen Chu.

    "I heard that my brother slept all night outside Huayuelou the night before, and it's normal to have a cold." Shen Chu's eyes dimmed, and he replied casually.

    Is this about to... start?

    "Continue to inquire, and you must tell me if there is any news." Shen Chu patted the folds of his clothes, confirmed that there was no problem, and then left the Shen family.

    After leaving the Shen family, Shen Chu hired a small sedan chair and arrived near the palace not long after.

    Shen Chu's official junior did not have to go to the morning court, so he didn't arrive very early. He is just a small book lingshi, and he works in the same palace as several other shulingshi.

    The first time I met Shen Chu, I took some small things as a gift. There are six people in Shulingshi's room including him. Except for him, everyone else was on the imperial examination list and slowly got to this position.

    Shen Chu never participated in the imperial examination. When Yin Feng reached the Fourth Grade Book of Lingshi, the people in the room naturally didn't like to see him.

    Li Xingzhi is the most obvious one.

    Li Xingzhi came from a poor family. He was not very talented. He studied hard for dozens of years before he made it to the list. He was in the back, and it took another five or six years to achieve the position of Shulingshi, so he really looked down on Shen Chu.

    "I don't dare to take things from the Shenhou Mansion!" Li Xingzhi was wearing a large official uniform, and he was thin and looked a little old.

    He lowered his head and glanced at what Shen Chu had given him, his eyes lit up, but out of face, he spoke coldly and hard, as if the whole world had offended him.

    What Shen Chu gave was a brush, which was also an inspiration from Xiao Yu. The literati likes the four treasures of the study room the most, and it will never go wrong if they are given away.

    Therefore, Shen Chu asked Ji Ming to go out and buy a few pens. Naturally, they were not as good as the tribute pens sent by Xiao Yu, but one was also quite expensive.

    If it wasn't for the wealth of Shen Yanchu's mother's family, Shen Chu would not dare to use them as gifts. .

    The faces of the few people who took the brushes changed after hearing this, and they were hesitant to return the brushes, but they were very reluctant.

    "Brother Li is serious." Shen Chu thought that he would still need to work together in the future, and the relationship between colleagues must be managed well, and he said patiently.

    "I didn't understand why I came here for the first time, and I might have done something wrong. This brush is just a little bit. Be careful, and I hope that the next few people will give more advice."