Chapter 25

Chapter 25

    After another two days of rest, when Shen Chu was almost able to move around, the new year was approaching, the masters went home after class, and the classes were all cancelled.

    The rare things in the rural market that are not available go to the Palace of Concubine Shu Gui to visit the Fifth Prince.

    After all, Concubine Shu is a harem, so he needs to be more careful and enter Chuxiu Palace through the side door.

    The mother of Concubine Shu Gui and Shen Yanchu were distant sisters with a distant blood relationship. Speaking of which, the two were still related, but Shen Yanchu was actually pushed by her mother to the fifth prince's side.

    It's just that Shen Yanchu's mother died, and the relationship between Concubine Shu and the Hou Mansion was not as harmonious as before, which caused Concubine Shu to not value Shen Yanchu much.

    As for the fifth prince, Shen Yanchu's mother died early, and he was a noble prince, so he didn't like seeing Shen Yanchu very much.

    "Young Master Shen is well." The servants beside the fifth prince were guarding the entrance of the side hall of Chuxiu Palace, and they hurriedly saluted when Shen Chu came over.

    "Don't be too polite, I'm here today to see the fifth prince, please let your father-in-law pass the word." Shen Chu also saluted in a similar manner.

    The wound behind him felt a little bit of pain with his movements, and the pain made his face turn pale, but at this time, he couldn't take it into account.

    "Young master, wait." The little eunuch saluted and opened the curtain and entered the room.

    The moment the door curtain was lifted, the warm air from the side hall rushed towards his face. Shen Chu rubbed his hands outside the door, thinking of his own yard.

    Alas, in the winter, who would want to leave the warm quilt if it wasn't for something terrifying?

    After waiting outside for about a cup of tea, Shen Chu's whole body was almost frozen outside, and the little father-in-law finally came out of the palace, coming out with a burst of heat.

    "His Royal Highness, please come in and talk." The little father-in-law made a gesture of "please" and lifted the curtain for Shen Chu.

    The more polite, the more Shen Chu felt scalp tingling.

    The Chuxiu Palace of Concubine Shu Gui is naturally excellent and extremely luxurious. The fifth prince lived in the more noble side hall, not the apse.

    As soon as I entered the hall, I saw a large piece of Persian carpet that the Western Regions paid tribute to. There were several charcoal stoves in the huge room, which was as warm as summer.

    Shen Chu just came in, and there was a thin layer of sweat on his body.

    The fifth prince was sitting in the front hall with a nonchalant look, playing with two Wenwan walnuts in his hands. The walnuts had been polished to a smooth surface, and they made a rattling sound when they collided with each other.

    He had a smile on his mouth, but it made people look scared.

    It is said that King Su is reckless and fussy, and the fifth prince is smart and tactful.

    In comparison, King Su is easier to deal with, because if a person is reckless, there will be flaws everywhere, but if one is smart and careful, it will not be easy to break through.