Chapter 62

Chapter 62: Precious

    After lunch, Xiao Luzi had someone set up the carriage outside, and Xiao Yu really went to Shen's house with Shen Chu.

    When he got on the carriage, Shen Chu found a small bag next to him. Inside was his clothes from yesterday, which looked like they should have been washed.

    Somewhat embarrassingly, there is also the jade sculpture he brought over yesterday, lying naked in his clothes. He felt a little embarrassed when he remembered that he didn't bring anything but this jade carving yesterday.

    "Is there anything in the afternoon?" Shen Chu deliberately wanted to find a topic and divert his attention.

    "I'll be busy tomorrow, I'll be fine today." Xiao Yu lifted the curtain and looked outside the carriage.

    "Today is the first day of the new year, didn't you go to Lama Temple to see Concubine Yi?"

    Shen Chu originally thought that Xiao Yu had not seen his mother for several years, but now that Concubine Yi finally came out, she should be very close. But he didn't feel how close Xiao Yu was to Concubine Yi, instead he was lukewarm.

    "Sometimes it's too long to lose, and it doesn't feel precious anymore." Xiao Yu turned his head to look at him, his eyes were so clear that there was nothing in them. His tone was very flat, as if he was talking about something that didn't matter.

    He is like a beautiful and delicate statue, and there is no expression at all when he says this.

    "But... Niangniang Yi is your mother after all." Shen Chu's voice was getting lower and lower. He lost his mother since he was a child, so when he thinks about his mother, he is always a little too excited.

    "But I don't need it either. Some things appear when you need them, and they are your treasures. If you don't need them anymore, you don't think they are so precious." Xiao Yu's eyes stayed on Shen Chu. , as if to describe Shen Chu carefully in his heart.

    Someone was there when he needed it most. So when Concubine Yi came back, he no longer needed it.

    Shen Chu didn't know what to say. At this moment, he seemed to have touched the softest part of Xiao Yu, and also touched the strongest part of him.

    The Chu palace is only one street away from the Shen family, and it is not too far from the main road, and it arrives quickly. This time Xiao Yu also came, and Shen Chu was too embarrassed to say go to the side door, so this time he came to the front door.

    When Shen Chu got off the carriage, the servants of the Shen family were at the door, but they didn't come to welcome him. It was not until Xiao Yu got out of the car that a smarter person came to ask.

    Shen Chu: "..." Isn't it my home?

    Shen Chu got Xiao Yu's playful look.

    After all, Xiao Yu was His Royal Highness the King of Chu, and the servants who came to guard the gate immediately went in to report. There was no one in charge at the door, Shen Chu shrugged, and personally led Xiao Yu into the door.

    The Hou mansion is naturally not as luxurious as the royal mansion, and the Shen family mansion is exquisite and beautiful, and it is worth looking at it carefully.

    However, in recent years, Lord Shen has only hung idle positions in the court and has no power, and the Shen family has increasingly appeared to be declining.

    When it comes to Shen Qiuting's generation, it is even worse. Shen Qiuting is now in a low position, and he is also an unimportant idle position in the court. Even if he inherits Jing'an Hou, it is difficult to surpass his father, let alone restore the glory of his ancestors.