Chapter 53

Chapter 53

    Inside the Lama Temple.

    White smoke slowly rose from the incense burner, Yibi sat by the bed and looked at the fluttering snowflakes outside the window. The plum trees planted in the yard are covered with snow, as if they are full of white flowers.

    She remembered that it was such a snowy night back then. She stood at the gate of Yanqing Palace, looking at the flying snow in the sky, and received the news that He Changting was killed in battle.

    The winter of that year was so cold that she could not forget it until now. Even now in the warm palace, she can still recall the coldness that was penetrating to her heart.

    "Master, I heard from outside that Your Majesty asked His Highness to kneel at the entrance of the Zichen Palace. I'm afraid the guards of honor will come over at this moment." Jasmine, the little palace maid next to Yi Concubine, saluted respectfully and reminded in a low voice.

    From inside the house, the whistling of the north wind could be heard outside, Yi Concubine lowered her head and touched the still warm stove in her hand, her breath stagnant.

    But soon she adjusted her emotions, her lips were slightly hooked, her eyebrows were smiling, and she was still the first beauty in the capital.

    "Let the people below be more cautious, and know what to say and what not to say." Yi Concubine's voice was indifferent, and she could not hear happiness or anger.

    "Take out the Chen tea from Lushan Yunwu that was distributed before. My son is kneeling in the snow, and asking him to drink some Chen tea will not treat him badly."

    "And the pastry left over from before, bring it over as soon as it's hot. We don't have a small kitchen, so Your Majesty won't blame it." Yi Concubine thought for a while and continued.

    "This... Master... I'm afraid this is not good." The palace maid Jasmine was only sixteen years old this year, and she was a little more timid.

    Among the masters of the Hegong Palace, who is not coaxing the emperor to make offerings, how can they even deduct food when they come here.

    "Nothing, just do as I say." Yi Concubine smiled, but the smile didn't reach her eyes.

    After giving her instructions, she sat in front of the dressing table and instructed the servants to remove all the rouge and gouache on her face, and it was enough to just touch her lips with light red lip gloss.

    The emperor's ceremonial guard came very quickly. When Concubine Yi arrived at the entrance of the palace to greet her, there was only a hairpin with a jasper auspicious cloud in her hair, which made people feel very elegant in its simplicity. His jet-black hair fell behind his back, like a jet-black waterfall.

    "The concubine welcomes your majesty, and may your majesty be safe." Concubine Yi's voice was soft and gentle, and her long soft hair just fell into the emperor's eyes when she lowered her head.

    When the emperor came over, he was full of anger in his heart, but now when he saw Yi Concubine, half of his anger disappeared immediately.

    "What are you doing?" The emperor stepped forward to help Concubine Yi up, his soft hands were extremely comfortable in the palm of his hand.

    Yi Concubine raised her head slightly, with a smile on the corner of her mouth. "I don't know that His Majesty is coming. It's cold today, and the concubine is a little afraid of the cold, so she is going to sleep."

    "It's so cold, why is Your Majesty here at this time?" Yi Concubine let the emperor hold her hand and lead her into the hall.

    The inside of the hall was warm, and there was a burst of heat. The curtains in front of the bed have been lowered.