Chapter 52

Chapter 52: Embrace

    The night is dark, the snow is fluttering, and the north wind is bitter.

    Xiao Yu just knelt at the door of the Zichen Hall. Outside the door was the snow that swelled. He knelt at the door, only a narrow eaves protected him from the wind and snow, which made him look extraordinarily thin.

    Just the cold wind blowing on his cheek, Shen Chu felt that the wind slashed across his face like a knife. Xiao Yu, who was dressed so thinly, was afraid that his entire body was numb.

    But after a dozen steps...you can walk to Xiao Yu's side, but Shen Chu stopped and hesitated.

    If Xiao Yu did not come directly to the Zichen Palace, but discussed with Xie Yinge and the others to find evidence to save him, Shen Chu would only feel grateful, but nothing else.

    But Xiao Yu didn't.

    He came to rescue him immediately and picked him clean. He could probably guess what Xiao Yu was thinking.

    Because Xiao Yu is the prince, the emperor will not punish him again if he is angry. And he is a companion, the emperor may torture him when he is angry, or he may not find the real murderer and directly kill him.

    Xiao Yu didn't want him to suffer, but now he himself is kneeling in the snow.

    "Master Shen?" Xiao Luzi held the palace lantern, not understanding why Shen Chu stopped.

    The dim light illuminated Shen Chu's expressionless face. "It's nothing, let's go." Shen Chu regained his senses and continued to walk forward with his things.

    The palace gate of Zichen Hall was still wide open, and the dim light inside seemed to have a somewhat warm feeling. The fluttering snow slowly fell, reflecting the light golden light, and there was a feeling of being in a fairyland.

    Xiao Yu knelt in the middle of the gate. From Shen Chu's point of view, Xiao Yu was enveloped in warm golden light. Against the backdrop of the night sky, he looked like the most dazzling person in the world.

    Shen Chu just walked behind Xiao Yu, and the creaking snow that was stepped on revealed his whereabouts.

    Xiao Yu looked back subconsciously, and found Shen Chu in white fox fur standing behind him. The corners of her eyes were slightly red, and there was a kind of pitiful beauty.

    At this time, what he thought was that if he was Shen Yanchu's family, he would definitely give Shen Yanchu a nickname called "Chu Chu".

    "Why are you here?" Xiao Yu didn't seem to be surprised by Shen Chu's arrival, but he still asked.

    There was no one else around except Shen Chu and Xiao Luzi. The guards who guarded the gate did not dare to bear the prince's kneeling and bowed down.

    When Xiao Luzi saw that the two had something to say, Shi Shiran also stepped aside.

    Shen Chu didn't speak, first put the cloak in his arms over Xiao Yu's body, and then took out the thick knee pads to support Xiao Yu and let him rest on his knees. Finally, he took out the hand stove in his arms and handed it to Xiao Yu.

    Xiao Yu looked up and saw that Shen Chu finished everything but did not take over the stove.

    Shen Chu didn't insist, he stood beside Xiao Yu and lowered his head, his voice was low, "Do you know... If you are really found to have poisoned the concubine, your status in the emperor's heart will be much lower than that of other princes. , the hope of winning the heirloom will be even slimmer."