Chapter 1- The Start

()=Thinking/replacing

*=Action

Darren POV

I awoke with me sitting on the void somehow and a man who had black hair and wearing a black trench coat appeared beside me.

???: Hello, I am Kiriya, the former Monarch Of Undead. Pleasure to meet you, my vessel.

Darren: What Monarch? And what vessel are you talking about? I'm no one's vessel

Kiriya: I know you are confused, but you died, my vessel. Without even unlocking any of my powers,  you died. You died due to choking on a chicken bone at a party and died there. It was a very intriguing death of course but I cannot have you lying around here dead can I? My Vessel. You are the second generation of The Monarch Of The Undead carry on my legacy for me.

My body shook and my face immediately whitened I wasn't expecting my death so soon and yet this man in front of me was talking about me being his vessel. Kiriya placed his hand on my shoulder and said

Kiriya: My vessel, do not worry, I will give you a second chance at life using all of my time. But not before transferring you all of my powers, and in that world, cursed energy is not particularly strong so good luck with the techniques.

As soon as he said that my body immediately flashed and memories of the Monarch filled my brain the hundred years of battling experience, the IQ all flushed into my head. I felt brand new and stronger. My body felt refreshed and not so skinny and bony anymore from the lack of nutrition from eating cup noodles everyday. I even forgot about the part where he said something about a different world.

Kiriya: Of course your language wouldn't be a big deal due to how the other world also speaks the same language as you. Obviously my power in your body won't be too strong so train you body to receive my powers. Good luck,my chosen vessel.

Darren: Before that I can feel something other than your power that resides inside my body. What is that?

Kiriya had a shocked look on his face as he turned around and faced me.

Kiriya: Already a high affinity for that world's power?? Seems like I chose the right vessel. Please promise me one thing. Although a prophesy said that I would kill everyone and my powers would only do more bad than good. I beg of you, my vessel. Never let this come true. I beg of you use your powers for good. For this old man I guess even though we weren't together for long.

As soon as he said that, he disappeared into thin air with a smile and I fell from the endless void until I landed onto the concrete floor. I can hear sounds of battling around me, when I turned around I saw Kurumi Tokisaki along with Kotori Itsuka fighting each other on the school rooftop. Kurumi had her Zaphkiel ready while Kotori had Camael prepared to attack Kurumi at any moment.

Darren: Ok wth is going on?? One second ago I was some average NEET teenager who died and now I'm supposedly a vessel for a Monarch?? And the Monarch Of Undead even??