Chapter 48- The Monarch's Loneliness

()= Thinking/replacing

*= Actions

/= Whispers

""= Phone

--= Narrator

Darren POV:

I just  watched Kurumi being surrounded by other students. She apparently returned to school, no one paid attention to me as I just sat on my table.

 She apparently returned to school, no one paid attention to me as I just sat on my table

(ignore the subtitles)

Kurumi: You're as popular as ever Shido.

Darren: Shido, I'm going out for a bit.

Shido: Please stay here, in case she tries anything.

Darren: Fine. Kurumi, don't try anything while I'm here.

Kurumi: I won't Darren-Kun.

Darren: *sits back on his seat* Continue please.

She stepped out of her seat and started walking towards Shido.

Kurumi: There's no need to worry. I don't intend to stir up trouble in a place like this. Also, *looks at me* my boyfriend won't allow me as well.

Origami: Why should we believe you?

Darren: Touch her and I will kill you.

Shido: You would betray us for her?

Darren: It's not betraying, I just helped for Mukuro only. Now that Mukuro is saved, I have no more promises I need to keep.

Shido: Tch.

Kurumi: Also, if I really felt like it and wanted to resort to violence. I'd manifest my angel this very moment and Darren-kun would help me. Taking students hostage would be even simpler than that, since Darren's shadows would keep them under control.

Kurumi: The fact that I haven't done so with Darren-kun is proof i'm not lying.

Shido: You're using him as your puppet! Darren isn't your puppet!

Kurumi: No, I love him and I of course care about him.

Shido: Not what I'm hearing right now, Darren to you. Is just a tool.

Darren: So what?

Shido: Huh?

Darren: If I'm a tool, then I will stay like that till the end. Kurumi, if you get in my way and thinks of me as a tool. Then don't expect me to save you.

Kurumi: Of course.

Yuko: Enough, Kurumi.

Lucas: Darren, class is gonna start. Got the stuff?

Both: I don't think we told you this Kurumi. But, if you hurt our brother, then I will end you.

Kurumi: Fufufu, of course.