Chapter 50- The Monarch's Gamble Against The Enemy

()= Thinking/ replacing

*= Action

/= Whispers

""= Phone

--= Narrator

-Two weeks before Valentines day in school-

Darren POV:

I was half listening in class while slurping some hot chocolate in my water bottle. Lucas and Yuko just stared at me with a concerned face with how much attention that Shido is getting from Kurumi. I noticed how hostile they were with Shido, sometimes just staring at him without giving a reply as if that said "fuck off, or I'll kill you". Sometimes I can feel their killing intent towards Kurumi. I just shrugged them off and eyed them. During lunch time, I just sat on the rooftop with Yuko and Lucas sitting next to me while eating some rice balls they made.

Yuko: This is good, good thanks for making our lunch today. Darren.

Darren: No problem, *sigh* just I don't really care about.

Lucas: Is this about Kurumi? I can't understand why she's doing this. If you can't handle it, then just break up.

Darren: I'm not so sure.

Yuko: Lucas, I don't think you should be talking about it like that...

Lucas: He's been like this for 2 days, just barely talking to anyone except us two.

Yuko: The girls are worried about you. Just talk to us if you want ok?

Darren: Sure.

I walked away from the boys, ignoring whatever shit Shido and Kurumi was doing before someone stuffed a note inside my pocket. The note read.

???: Meet me for a gambling game. "Undead Monarch. Gojo Satoru/ Darren Satoru" At valentine's day in your classroom after school.

I crumpled the paper into a ball while almost burning it. I strolled back home, when I arrived, I  handed that paper towards Yuko. Who read it and sighed.

Darren: Should I attend?

Yuko: Let me and Lucas come with you. In case things get ugly, we can at least provide some help.

Darren: Sure. I don't really care. you can come, if you like. Just don't slow me down.

Yuko: I would say the same to you. Darren.

Lucas: Same here.

Lucas suddenly appeared, behind the couch while giving us a wave. Yuko and I almost fell off the couch due to the jump scare.

Darren: Wtf?

Lucas: I just wanted to make sure that you won't get into any trouble. I hope the girls have the Valentine chocolates for you.

Darren: *sighs* I guess so. I have to pay it back in White Day though, it won't be too fun.

Yuko: Who even cares? Just have fun, even if no girls gave you valentines chocolate. Just make some yourself and eat it later pretending someone else gave it to you.

Darren: That is kinda pathetic to be honest.

Lucas: I know. But c'mon, we have some sleeping to do. Just prepare on your gambling game ok? We don't know who the opponent is so be prepared.

Darren: Of course.

-The next day at school-

I was alone on the rooftop this time, as Yuko and Lucas received extra lessons from our math teacher. That claimed that they needed extra lessons for being unable to solve even the simplest equations.