Chapter 49- The Monarch's Anger

()= Thinking/Replacing

*= Actions

/= Whispers

""= Phone

--= Narrator

Darren POV:

I pretended to have walked down the stairs, away from the dreaded rooftop still thinking about Shido and Kurumi's competition.

Darren: (Tch, how could she suggest this? If she want her Spirit powers stored, she should ask me, not Shido.)

I hid behind the wall still listening in on their conversation without either of them knowing. I didn't care about her anymore, what she does is none of my business.

Shido: You really think that I'm gonna admit I'm in love knowing I'll die?

Darren: (I can make you say the truth if you want. I just want to have dinner right now, Rose, please be finished cooking when I get back home.)

Kurumi: I wonder.

Darren: (I thought she cared for me... Was it all a lie? No, just keep listening. Please I don't want my love to be a lie)

Kurumi: I'm confident that I could make you say it, even at the cost of your life.

Darren: (I guess I'm breaking up with her... Love comes the fastest and goes away the fastest anyways. Love would be a lie always , no matter how many people say it's not.)

Kurumi: Are you not confident that you can make me head over heels for you?

Darren: (Shido, I hate you! No wonder you are just a tool for me. You are weaker in everything. While I'm smarter, I'm better.)

Shido: Alright you're on.

Darren: (Then, shall we start the killing spree?)

Shido: I'll make you choose me over everything else.

Darren: (You traitor!)

Kurumi: That's the Shido I know.

Kurumi: Now then, shall we begin our date?

I covered my mouth and attempted to swallow my sadness, yet it was all in vain. My vision went blurry as I saw Kurumi spin around with Shido while smiling happily.

I fell unconscious after that, while I woke up in a dark room once more, it had a deck of poker cards with someone so familiar sitting behind the desk which has the poker cards.

???: You're awake it seems. Nice to meet you again. My vessel.

Darren: Long time no see, old man. Or should I say, Kiriya the undead Monarch.

Kiriya: Hello, my vessel. It seems you look just as handsome as ever. *flipping over poker cards* It seems like you have received the looks of my old general.

Darren: Yeah, Ayanokoji-sensei. I don't regret getting taught by him about everything.

Kiriya: So, what happened? I can sense your sadness even when I'm in the underworld. I can see that you have chosen your commanders wisely.

Darren: Yeah, I guess you can say me and one of my girlfriends had a silent breakup.

Kiriya: That Kurumi girl huh? I didn't expect her to chase after a new man when you. *points his finger at me* Can achieve her goal faster than anyone could. I know how much you would sacrifice for her.

Darren: What should I do? Give me advice, you old guy!

Kiriya: Relax, I can't give you advice on how to fix this. She was selfish and that's all I can say, abandoning her soulmate for Shido Itsuka. His powers are nowhere near you.