Chapter 66- The Memories Of Mio

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Action

/= Whispers

""= Phone

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

I awoke inside the shadow dimension in which Mio just sneered at me while still in chains.

Darren: Why was I summoned?

Mio: I want you to experience.

Darren: Experience what?

I slowly walked closer towards her and allowed my true personality to show.

Darren: Don't waste my time here.

Mio: I won't waste your time.

Darren: How do I experience them?

Mio: If you kiss me, then you'll find out.

Darren: I would steal your angel though.

Mio: You won't, until I bear romantic feelings. Or if you truly wanted to kiss me, then you wouldn't be able to steal it.

Darren: Correction. But why are you wanting me to see your memories?

Mio: Because, you might help me after this.

Darren: Maybe.

I summoned a dagger and licked it while walking towards her.

Darren: Because I am a villain after all.

Mio: Scary.

I slowly crept up to her and forced myself to kiss her. In which memories flashed through my eyes until I landed on the ground of Tengu City. 

Darren: So this was Tengu city huh? This place looks so old though.

I turned around to see a 16 year old boy, who looked exactly like Shido, standing with a girl with light blue hair.

Darren: (Shinji Takamiya and Mio Takamiya)

It looked like they jusst met, with Shinji's coat over Mio's shoulders as they walked back to the Takamiya house. I also entered by phasing through the door, in which I just kept my normal emotionless face.

Darren: (So I am like a ghost in this world huh? Which means I can't fight nor do anything except watch.)

I just watched the two for a while, before the door to Shinji's room was slammed open by Mana Takamiya.

Shinji: Mana...

Mana: Eh?

Since calming down after seeing the boy face, his little sister's expression was blinking with a tint in her eyes. However, this reaction also isn't impossible of not being comprehended. There was a half-naked girl in her older brother's room, even if it were not her, anyone else would display the same expression.

Darren: (So, Shinji is Mana's brother huh? But why did Mio Takamiya share the same last name as the two siblings?)

Shinji: Mana, this isn't what you think.

Mana looked alternatively between the boy and girl's faces. Then, after a moment of silence, she slowly walked towards the boy. "Pon!" She gently placed her hand against his shoulder.

Mana: It's alright, Mana is Nii-sama's ally. Just be sure to pay for your sins later ok?

I just sat there thinking, ignoring the rest of the conversation.

Darren: (So the relation was that, Shinji is Mio's dead lover? So if Shinji took Mio home when she didn't have a name. Then what is the relationship between the two?)

Later on, the scene changed. to where Shinji was holding hands with Mio and talking to her while the two of them started to laugh and hold hands.

Darren: (So this is after a while. Their love is blooming, I can feel it. But, I know that it would go terribly wrong after this. Because if everything goes as swift as this. Mio has no reason to live like this and Shinji Takamiya wouldn't be dead)

The scene suddenly fast forwarded to Mio and Shinji at an arcade, playing the claw machine. Shinji knew the trick to the machine, in which they obtained a teddy bear extremely quickly. Mio smiled in delight in which I dropped my guard for a little and just sighed.

Mio: Shinji! Thank you so much!

Shinji: No worries.

Darren: (So Mio had achieved a life away from DEM, but there's no way that DEM would let her go that easily. But right now, I just hope that the happiness last for a little while longer.)

The scene changed again for the final time. This time, it showed how Issac was running from Mio. Who changed into her astral dress and was fighting Issac who was no match for her. Suddenly, he pulled out a gun and shot Shinji right in the solar plexus.

Darren: (This is bad! there's no way that he would live now)

The fight ended with Issac's retreat along with Mio taking Shinji away to a nearby building. In which ended up with Shinji over bleeding and died as a result. Mio just cried, I resisted the urge to just walk over there and comfort her saying that everything is fine. Despite us being enemies, Mio is still a girl with a heart. And I am also a gentleman at heart, when a maiden is crying. It became my instinct to just comfort her.

Darren: (She's an enemy, she deserved no mercy. But, she's just a girl who lost everything...)

Suddenly, she got up and absorbed Shinji into small atoms into the air and absorbed him.

Mio: My love... We shall be reunited again.

Darren: (So her plan is to absorb Shinji and reconstruct his body in her womb, then eventually give birth to him while after that. She plans to create a world full of spirits for Shinji and herself to enjoy. Good plan, if it wasn't for me interfering. That plan was solid.)

The scene changed again, which showed Mio forcefully making people absorbing Sephiras, and if they do go berserk. Kill them afterwards.

Darren: (She's gone completely insane. That was to be expected though, after losing her loved ones and not being able to do anything about it.)

I was suddenly sent out of the memories and Mio stood in front of me.

Mio: How was it?

Darren: I don't know what to think of it...

Mio: It was hard to take in wasn't it? Seeing me, the spirit that you hated for so long, had such a tragic tale.

Darren: Why are you still so addicted to Shinji Takamiya?

Mio: BECAUSE HE IS THE ONE TAHT I LOVE!

Darren: HE'S DEAD! HE'S DEAD THE MOMENT THAT HE WAS KILLED BY ISSAC WESTCOTT! I KNOW WHO SHINJI REINCARNATED AS! I SAW HIS MEMORIES! SHIDO ITSUKA IS SHINJI TAKAMIYA! BUT RIGHT NOW DO YOU SEE HOW SHIDO LOVES HIS SPIRITS INSTEAD OF YOU?!

Mio: ...

Darren: Right can't answer. Shido is not Shinji. You have to accept it. Shinji is dead and you cannot change that.

Mio: Just shut up.

Darren: It wasn't my intention to harm you. But you just need to know the truth that Shinji is no more. Shido maybe in Shinji's body, but his mind and memories are no longer Shinji Takamiya and instead replaced with Shido Itsuka.

Mio: Don't lecture me.

With that, I was suddenly sent out of the shadow dimension with Kurumi and Mukuro still looking over me.