Chapter 67- The Gap Between Two Lovers And Message For Shido

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Action

/= Whispers

""= Phone

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

These days, I didn't talk much after returning from the Ratatoskr meeting. I didn't talk to anyone besides Yuko and Lucas, I was so filled to the brim with fear of one of my lovers being a traitor. That I almost snapped from the stress, slowly I distanced myself from them.

Yuko: Darren, are you sure that this is the right decision?

Lucas: Just please talk to them about this...

Darren: About what? About there being a traitor and that Kurumi is a candidate? I can't say that.

Yuko: I know it's hard, but you have to. I don't want you two to go through something like that again...

Darren: I don't know...

Lucas: Just take her out on a date. You can use that mist of yours to confirm if she is lying or not right?

Darren: OH YEAH?! But... What if she-

Lucas walked up to me and slapped me on the face.

Lucas: If you keep ignoring the truth, there's no way that you can ever face it. Just face the truth, even if she is the traitor of our group. Just deal with her, kill her, do anything you want with her. None of us will have another opinion if she is a traitor.

Yuko: Just go on a date with her. If she is a traitor, I- no we will support you to do whatever you want with her.

Darren: Alright then.

I walked towards Kurumi who was currently inside our room, I just knocked on the door and didn't expect to hear a reply.

Kurumi: Come in.

I slowly walked into the room with my hair covering my eyes and kept my head down. Whether it was from guilt or regret was unknown. I slowly approached the place where she was sitting and sat a bit far from her.

Darren: Hey...

Kurumi: Hello...

The air began to thicken as the two of us. The people who were supposed to be the closest, didn't even mutter a single word towards each other.

Darren: So I was thinking...

Kurumi: Speak fast.

Darren: I was thinking if you would like to go on a date with me... I am sorry...

Kurumi: Sorry? Do you think that sorry can fill the dreaded feeling inside my heart?

Darren: I know it can't. I can't expect you to forgive me on the spot, I was just... scared...

Kurumi: Scared? Scared of what?

Darren: I was scared of you being the traitor. I didn't want to face the truth, I was scared that if you were the traitor. Our love, all of the time that we spent together would be a lie. I didn't want our love to be a lie.

Kurumi just stood there and suddenly, she slapped me and I fell towards the window. I crashed towards the wall with Kurumi crying.

Kurumi: How could you...

Darren: Yuko and Lucas suggested that you were too good at deception and manipulation and said that it's possible for you to be a traitor.

Kurumi: HOW COULD YOU ASSUME THAT I AM A TRAITOR?! Out of everyone, I thought that you would defend me out of all people.