Chapter 76- The Strategy

()= Thinking/ replacing

*= Actions

/= Whispers

""= Phone

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

I gripped Shido's collar while questioning him.

Darren: What do you mean you won't save Tohka?

Shido: I meant what I said. I can't help her.

Darren: Do you have no shame?

Shido: I just understood how dangerous it would be that's all.

Darren: Didn't you save her from DEM?!

Shido: This time is different. They're too strong, if we do go. Then it would be the end for Ratatoskr. I don't even know if you can win against them!

Darren: It doesn't matter. Even if we hold no chances of victory, I would go help Tohka no matter what!

Shido: Maybe you would! I can't! I can't do this. I don't even love Tohka! Why do I have to help her?

I kicked him in the face while the rest just seemed shocked. Yuko and Lucas had shocked expressions on their faces.

Darren: Why? Why won't you help her? You have me helping you!

Shido: Because it's impossible to save her.

Darren: How so?

Shido: They are far too strong. If I go there, it would not only cause our deaths but the potential for all of our angels to become stolen.

Darren: I see...

Darren: If you won't save Tohka. I will. Yuko, Lucas lessgo, we're leaving. But Shido.

Shido: What?

Darren: You are fine with becoming my enemy right?

Shido: This is my final decision, I won't help Tohka whatsoever.

Darren: (Yuko, tell me what does Merlin think of him)

Yuko: (Merlin said that there is regret and sadness coming from Shido. But, he didn't feel complete regret either)

Darren: (I see)

Lucas: Shido...

Yuko: I never thought you would be so cowardly to hide away just because you can foresee your defeat.

We teleported back home while Yuko and I sat on the couch and Lucas grabbed a chair to sit in front of us.

Yuko: So, what's the plan?

Lucas: That speech about you saving Tohka isn't a lie right?

Darren: Of course not. She was the only reason why I was able to defeat the commanders after all. So... let us start the hunt for Tohka.

-In another place-

Tohka POV:

After hours of torture my hair was pulled up by an unknown person who was wearing a mask and started laughing at me.

???: You said that you won't give up the location of Darren Satoru. This is what you get now.

Tohka: Shido will definitely find you all and kill you.

???: Do you really think that Shido Itsuka is able to save you?

Tohka: Why couldn't he?

???2: Because, we threatened to kill everyone there, if he were to come.

Tohka: (That's not true. Shido will come and save me right?)

???: Tell us. Where is Darren Satoru?

Tohka: I would never tell you!

???: Why not?

Tohka: Because he is my FRIEND!!

???: Friend? So you weren't aware of what happened to the Undead Monarch and who Darren Satoru really is right?

Tohka: Who Darren really is?

???: Yes, all of the sins that he has committed on this world and how much suffering this world is going through because of a cancer like him.

I just widened my eyes as he began to talk about Darren. My veins tensed and I stopped resisting.

Darren POV:

-Darren is seen reading a book, while Lucas and Yuko is sat next to him, drinking their own respective drinks-

Yuko: So Darren, what's the plan? I know that if it's you, you would never charge into enemy territory without a plan and some stuff that you would pull out of your sleeve.

Lucas: Darren, stop hiding everything and tell us already. You know how much I hate it when you hide everything with you. With that emotionless face of yours, you were never one to reveal your plan.

I stood up from my seat while facing my two best allies.

Darren: To be frank with you two. I don't have a plan to save Tohka. But I will take an action to save Tohka, she was falsely captured just because they thought she was Kurumi right? Which is why partially it was my fault to begin with. Even if Ratatoskr were to take some sort of action. I would join in with their plan regardless. We shall create chaos as much as we want if Ratatoskr decided to not do anything to help Tohka.

Both: I was planning to do that from the start.

Yuko: But, Darren. You saw through Shido, right? Even I, someone who cannot get a good read of people was able to determine the situation that he is in.

Darren: Of course, I sensed that he was in great distress and I also asked Ciel what emotion is he feeling right now since Tohka wasn't here.

Ciel: (Master, Tohka Yatogami is nowhere to be found. There's no way to use mana to track her down.)

Darren: (I see, but you do know where she is right? Or is there any other way?)

Ciel: (As I just said, mana tracking is near impossible to do since her mana is quickly depleting due to some machine.)

Darren: (Machine? You don't mean the...)

Ciel: (Yes, I do mean that. I mean the Mind Breaking machine. They somehow got their hands on that item which should've never been touched in the first place.)

Darren: (Is there any other way to track her down before she goes inverse due to the mind breaking machine?)

Ciel: (A part of her spirit powers lives inside of you master. Which is why, if you were to transfer some of that powers into tracking. You would be able to find her in an instant.)

Darren: (Any drawbacks?)

Ciel: (None right now.)

Darren: (Then let's do this.)

Darren: Yuko, Lucas. I have a way to tack down Tohka now, just wait for me.

Yuko: I know that wasn't entirely true about you not having a plan by the way.

I grinned while looking at Yuko who was walking towards me and placed his hand on my shoulder while grinning at me.

Yuko: After all, we've been partners and friends for longer than I can count.

Darren: The plan wasn't set until we found their hideout.

Lucas: You can locate them, so tell us the plan after you located Tohka.

Ciel: (Master, the location is found. She's at... an abandoned warehouse right outside Tengu City... she's currently depleting her mana at a rapid rate of needing to regenerate.)

Darren: Yuko, Lucas. I know their location now. So let's go.

Lucas: Plan?

Yuko: You haven't told us the plan yet.

Darren: Of course, so. The plan is simple...