Chapter 64- The Key To Unlocking Shinji Takamiya

()= Thinking/Replacing

*= Actions

/= Whispers

""= Phone

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

Lucas: WAKE UP!!

I suddenly awoke with my head still booming from Mio Takamiya's laughter. Mana had arrived at the meeting, Mukuro and Kurumi was supporting my sides as I started to pant.

Kotori: What are you keeping from us? Darren Satoru.

Darren: Nothing, I don't have anything to hide.

Mio: (Tell them about your possible traitor. How you doubted your girlfriend despite her being with you the longest just because she can do the three main techniques to play with the human heart.)

Darren: (Shut up)

Mio: (Alright then.)

Darren: What's going on?

Yuko: We were discussing about Mio Takamiya.

Kotori: But who is this Mio person? You five seems like you know something about her.

Yuko: We cannot say.

Shido: I thought we are working with each other and you can trust us?

Lucas: We cannot say, except that she is strong, almost as strong as everyone here.

Shido: Mana!

A girl with blue hair that is tied in a ponytail suddenly appeared behind us.

Darren: Mana Takamiya...

Mana: Hello, Darren Satoru.

Shido started to explain to everyone what happened to him and me, to make it seem like I wasn't hurting them. Or just a monster that wanted to keep Kurumi Tokisaki out of their reach, but more as a victim of betrayal, loneliness and he described how scared I was when I was back in my old world. The countless abuse, neglect and betrayal, he said it all. He eyed me to show that if I cared that my backstory was talked about to everyone. I eyed it back in return showing that I didn't care.

Darren: (That damn loudmouth.)

It was Tohka and Yoshino who made the first initiative to break the silence. Both of them had eyes opened up into complete circles with sweat hanging down from their faces.

Mana: It's hard to accept that something like that is true. How you died and summoned here, as well as everything that you been through. It could all be a lie for all we know.

Mana: You, the Undead Monarch. Whose only goal right now is to what? Gain Kurumi Tokisaki's total trust? What is it? I find it hard to believe after what you did to everyone of us here. That bad joke of yours is something that hurts to even laugh at.

After finishing speaking, Mana gave an exaggerated shrug of her shoulders. However, that was only to be expected. Mana and my group can be best described as mutual enemies that have had numerous confrontations up until now. Even if such an explanation was said suddenly, it would be impossible to simply accept it.

Yuko: It's not a joke, Mana. This isn't something to laugh at either.

Shido: Mana, I understand your feelings about Darren but-

Mana: That is to say, well, if compared to as higher than the probability of Nii- sama lying to Mana, I would have no choice but to believe it.

Shido: Mana...