Chapter 95- New Enemy And Ally Lost

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

Gunshots, detonations, and even fire can be heard all throughout the battlefield. Roars of resentment. On the battlefield where the Wizards and Spirits were fighting, the explosive sounds of reiryoku and maryoku intermingled in the air. Every scream or shriek released from here was concealed under layers of even more sounds of destruction. It was as if hell had been relocated to above ground.

Darren: Shit... another war...

However, I was the only one that stood in silence as I wasn't able to move my body. Miku and the others came over.

Darren: GET AWAY!

I fired a wave of blue fire toward the group while Yuko and Lucas stared at me in horror.

Darren: Shit... after that Gabriel...

I puked out some more blood as Yuko and Lucas rushed over.

Darren: shit... Shit...

In that unnatural silence, the only voice that can be heard, was me groaning while I surrounded myself in blue fire. I held my face in pain while my hair started to float.

Yuko: Darren! Cmon, you need help! Your skin is as pale as a ghost. It reflects death in it.

Darren: Shut up...

I, who was usually called the Undead Monarch and the one who would destroy the world, was reduced to cinders like this. However, it would be unreasonable to think anything less of that reaction. After all, a white arm was extending out of my chest.

This was neither a metaphor nor an exaggeration. Slowly, the fingertips began forcibly crawling out of my body. Such a scene resembled a single flower peeping out of a person's face. Accompanied by this sound, an "arm" extended out as if exposing its roots to the outside air.

Darren: Fuck... the dimension can no longer contain her.

Every fiber of my body was yelling as my chest was being torn apart.

Darren: Zaphkiel-

Suddenly, I puked out more blood as I was unable to expose any mana.

Ciel: (Master, you are unable to activate any mana right now since she is draining all of it.)

Darren: (Takamiya... Mio...)

Today, a fact was finally understood by me. Death was an undeniable action for all of us, and today. Death had called for my name.

Darren: No... I won't die! Total Control Room!

Darren: Room.

I teleported out of the place with a hole in my chest.

Darren: Shadow heal, Cursed Technique Red.

I was slowly healing my wounds while Mio Takamiya just stared at me without any emotions. No... the only thing I wasn't able to understand is how did Gabriel able to make her crawl out of the dimension? She slowly walked out of the barrier and walked towards Shido.

Mio: Long time no see. I finally get to meet you Shin.

Shido just looked confused as to why did the girl call her Shin, yet suddenly, he realized who would only call him Shin. I slowly walked towards Mio and Shido, while Yuko and Lucas supported my arms.