Chapter 29- It Has Begun

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

/= Whispers

<>= Phone

Darren POV:

I awoke again on the same hospital bed with multiple piercing through my back while my body was pierced with light spears from Kizaru. Kurumi was still the old worrywart, holding onto my hand while sleeping on the side of my bed on a chair.

Darren: What should I do with you?? My darling.

Kurumi: I wanna eat you...

Darren: (Ok wtf? She just straight up said that she wants to have *** with me)

Kocho: I see that you have awoken.

Darren: Yeah, I just took out one of her spirit moons. I don't know how she would feel. I don't care though.

Kocho: Shouldn't move yet. Your body was in terrible shape. Thank Kurumi for rewinding your wounds, Velzard for keeping them uninfected and Wiz for supplying you with mana so that your body can heal.

Darren: You forgot one more person I should thank though.

Kocho: I was pretty sure I didn't leave out anybody.

Darren: You forgot about yourself. I knew how much painkillers you injected into me and how much work you did just to make sure I stay alive.

Kocho: *blushes* Eh?? But I didn't contribute that much.

Darren: Don't lie, lying is bad. Just like how I told the rest of my girlfriends that they should never lie due to bad luck. But look at you, lying again behind that smile of yours.

Kocho: I- I- I- I just don't know what to do. My sister died due to your girlfriend killing her.

Darren: Is it really my girlfriend's fault though?

Kocho: I- I- I-

Darren: She was manipulated by Mio Takamiya, that's the only person we are killing and her Upper Spirits as well. Under no circumstances are we to harm my girlfriend. You understand??

Kocho: Every single hashiras had already understood not to mess with you, the undead monarch. Except of course the idiot Shinazugawa who just does what he wants.

Darren: Something is gonna start soon. How long until I can be back in action??

Kocho: In two days or so. You can start training then, I was just here to deliver some food.

Darren: Thank you, even though you say everything about killing spirits, you still showed them compassion when doing so. It doesn't matter if you despise yourself for being weak. I was once weak as well, everyone was weak. Look at us now, we are strong. It takes determination to be strong.

Kocho: I see. It makes no changes for me though. My sister is dead and can't be revived.

Darren: Even if I use my powers to summon her. She can only listen and show emotions towards me. Her supposed lord, she cannot express anything towards you. No hatred, no love, no happiness, no sadness. She can only show that to me as it was I who summoned her.

Kocho: Would you try though? To defy the laws of life.

Darren: I hated life before. The world was a shitty place with many shitty people inside it. I tried so hard but, it wasn't until I received this power that I was able to defy the laws of life. I finally received something to help me defy my fate.

Kocho: Why do you want to kill Mio so badly?

Darren: I can't tell you that.

Kurumi suddenly woke up and placed her hand on top of mine, gripping it a bit tightly but I could handle it.