Chapter 96- I Despise It

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Rubricks POV:

As I watched the universe below me, I carefully carried a cup from my vault and placed it on the table.

Rubricks: Darren Satoru... is dead... this cup... has the power to change the world and even alter timelines. This cup... was meant for him... the cup of reincarnation and he was said to have the power to defile even gods. I shall be looking for your soul in hell... Darren Satoru.

Suddenly, I turned around and looked at the crystal ball again. My grim expression suddenly turned into one of happiness.

Rubricks: MUAHAHAHAHA!!! DARREN SATORU! TO DEFY DEATH EVEN AT YOUR LAST BREATH IS TRULY IMPRESSIVE!! I WISH TO SEE HOW YOU WOULD REACT NOW!!!

-Back to Earth-

Darren POV:

My eyes felt heavy, my heart didn't beat anymore I was stuck in a dark space. Suddenly, a man walked towards me.

???: Giving up that easily?

Darren: You...

???: I knew who you are and you are one to defy death, even now.

Darren: You knew me too well, inverse.

Inverse Darren: Yes, you fool. How long are you just going to stay there sleeping?

Darren: Don't know. It doesn't sound that bad now that I think about it. Death... everyone has to die at some point, right?

Inverse Darren suddenly kicked my ribs and punched my face.

Inverse Darren: Is that something my old self would say? Are you seriously that weak to defy fate anymore?

Darren: I...

Inverse Darren: Do you really want to leave Kurumi Tokisaki and the others? Don't you love them still?

Darren: OF COURSE I LOVE THEM STILL!!

Inverse Darren: THEN DEFY FATE! DEFY EVERYTHING IF YOU STILL LOVE THEM! TELL THEM YOUR FEELINGS OF WANTING TO BE WITH THEM FOREVER!

Darren: What can I do now? I'm dead!

Inverse Darren: Say the word.

Darren: What word?

Inverse Darren: Say that I want to live and I will help you.

Darren: I-I-I-I want to live!

Inverse Darren: Excellent! Then.

He placed his hand on my chest.

Inverse Darren: Then you need to live, but don't worry. I can't die, after all, I am a part of you.