Chapter 103- The Counterattack

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

Issac prepared to stab his hand into my chest while I just smiled as I accepted the death.

Takayami: /You know, Darren Satoru... do not forget... of the spirit king before Mio Takamiya.../

My eyes widened as the area around us started to explode.

Darren: What the-

A loud noise from the skies shook the surrounding air like an earthquake.

Takayami: What is this?

My body still felt numb as all of my muscles felt numb due to the shock and my body refused to move, Lucas was able to move as Yoko is no longer stepping on his back and Yuko no longer had Kotoka choking him.

Yuko: Darren!!!

Takayami: You all bastards...

Electricity started to gather in Takayami's hands as he smirked and released it all onto the ground.

Takayami: Go burn, you fools!!!

Lucas: Zadkiel, fusion... Icicle burst.

A stream of icicles started to fly out of the ground and covered Lucas, Yuko, and me with it.

Lucas: We should be safe here for a bit...

Yuko: What should we do with him?

Yuko grabbed Shido by his collar and placed him on the ground.

Darren: Dunno... but... (we need to run or escape... we can't win here...)

However, at the next moment, while thinking over such thoughts, something grabbed the collar of my shirt as I was pulled upward.

Darren: What the hell...?

I suddenly turned around and prepared to stab the perpetrator when I discovered that it was just Miku and Natsumi.

Darren: Whew... it's just you two...

Miku: Are you alright, Darling?

Natsumi: Darren-San, Lucas-San, Yuko-San, Shido, are you alright?

Darren: Never been better...

Lucas: Darren... the situation is dire... we're fighting a huge losing battle here. What happened by the way?

Darren: My stomach and my heart... felt like it was on fire, I don't know why...

Yuko: Anyways, any plans?

Darren: Dunno.

I wiped some blood from my mouth as I slowly got up from the floor.

Miku: Well, that's fine and all, but what is the war situation right now? Communications with everyone have been cut off.

Natsumi: Say that person, isn't he the enemy general? Why did he come to the forefront? No, well, even though it can be said the same for Shido, you, Lucas, and Yuko.

Shido: Details later! The Spirit of Origin has appeared! We have to defeat him as soon as possible and head to everyone. Please lend me your strength!

Miku and Natsumi displayed horrified expressions upon hearing what Shido had just said however, they soon understood his intentions as they cast a sharpened gaze.