Chapter 5

2 days later

Hunter's POV

I have Harper and Cole in my car and we are heading over to my parents. I need to discuss with them a few of the plans I have made for my upcoming tour. It's going to be a long tour. So I must get a few things done before I leave. I am hoping they can help me.

Before I know it we have arrived at their house. I shut the car off and hop out. I open the far back trunk door, clip Cole's leash on and gently set him on the ground. He and I then walk around to the passenger side of my black Range Rover. I open the rear door, place the diaper bag over my shoulder and unbuckle Harper. She quickly slips out of her car seat and grabs onto my hand. Just as we start heading towards the house, the front door opens.

My mom steps out and waves then bends down so Harper can give her a hug, which she eagerly does. Once we are all inside, I put the diaper bag down beside the couch and pull a few toys out for Harps to play with while I talk with my parents.

"So what do you want to discuss with us, Hunter?" My dad asks as he sits on the couch next to my mom.

"Remember I told you at my birthday party, the other day, that I am scheduled to go on tour in a few weeks?  Well, since then I have gotten more details from Betsy. The tour is currently slated to last 6 months, possibly longer if they decide to add more dates." 

"Wow, that's a long time." Mom interjects.

"I know. It's way too long for me to be away from Harper and far too long for you two to travel with us on the bus.  So I have decided to hire a full time nanny since I can't take care of Harper by myself while I'm touring. This way there will always be someone to watch Harps when I am doing interviews, performing and making public appearances."

"Are you sure about this?" My mom questions.

"Yay, I am. I have been giving this a lot of thought. Having Harper with me full time while I am traveling is the best thing, for both of us. I need her with me to be happy and she needs at least one constant in her life. Let's face it, Renee isn't going to give up her career anytime soon." I sigh. "Fortunately for all of us, I'm at the point in my career where management trusts me and my work ethic. So they are allowing me to bring Harper along." Both my parents look to heaven and say a silent, 'thank you'.

After taking a minute to check on Harps, I continue to discuss with them the things I need to get done before leaving for the tour. "First, I have to purchase another bus just for Harps, the nanny and I to travel in. I love the guys in the band, but they can get a bit rowdy and Harper will need it quiet, so she can sleep.  The second thing I need to do is to have the attic space over my 3 car garage converted into an apartment so the nanny can live in it when we aren't touring."

"It sounds like you've got this all planned out." My dad says as he reaches over to hold my mother's hand.

It is then that I see the tears in my mother's eyes. "Mom, what's wrong?"

"I know I am being silly. But I'm going to miss that little girl so much. Don't get me wrong. I will also miss you terribly, Hunt but at least you're a grown man. Harper on the other hand is still so young, growing so fast. I am just going to miss so many things."

"Please don't cry. You and dad can come visit any time you like. With the extra bus, we will have plenty of room for you to stay.  I promise to skype with you often. I'll even be sure to send lots of videos".

"You promise?"  She asks, looking a little less worried.

"Yes, I promise!" I say as I trace an 'X' over my heart with my index finger.  "So I was wondering if I could get both of your help with this stuff?"

"Sure Hunter, what do you want us to do?" Dad asks with a curious look on his face.

"I'd like mom to help me choose the perfect nanny. I have already contacted the best agency, in Nashville. They will be sending me their top picks, later today. Once I receive their information I'd like you to help me select and interview the top two candidates."

"I can do that!" She smiles.

"Thanks! And Dad, I was hoping you could help me pick out a new tour bus plus supervise the construction of the apartment over my garage? I certainly can't do that while touring all over the country."

My dad leans over and places his hand on my knee, "Of course, I'll help you in any way I can."

"Awesome!" I exclaim. "Well, since I have a few hours before I need to be back at the studio. Are you free to go look at busses right now?"