Chapter 13

Hunter's POV

Well, today's the day, the start of the "To The Moon And Back" Tour. I can't believe it's finally here. Because of the divorce and Harper being so young, the band and I haven't been on the road in over a year. We are so ready to get back on stage and perform in front of our fans again.

You can feel the excitement in the air. Devo, East and Steve are laughing about some crazy fan experience from the last tour we were on. Matt is giving Harper, Devo's son, Peter and Andy's oldest son Jet, a tour of the new bus. Andy and I are looking over the equipment list and talking about the new cover songs we're adding to the show.

When I feel a tug on my pant leg. I look down to see Harper staring back at me with her big blue eyes. She literally melts my heart. "What's up punkin?"

"Daddy, where's Lid?"

"Liddy should be here very soon. She had to say goodbye to her family. Don't worry we won't leave without her, I promise. I bend down and kiss the tip of her nose, which makes her giggle. Now, let's go find Grammy to see if she can watch you while I finish up a few things, before we go."

"I can watch her for you."

I turn around to see Kelly standing there. This is a surprise. I called her last night to let her know I was heading out on tour. I don't remember her saying she was going to come down and see us off. "Uh, hi. I didn't know you were going to drop by?"

"It was kind of a last minute decision. I hope you don't mind?"

"No, not at all. It's just that I am a little busy right now. I don't really have a lot of time to talk, sorry. "Just then I notice out of the corner of my eye that Harper is starting to bounce up and down.

I look around to see if I can figure out what has my daughter so excited when my eyes land on Liddy. She's standing next to the silver Range Rover I bought as part of the nanny agreement. She's dressed casually, but beautiful just the same. Wearing a pair of dark skinny jeans, a long V neck sweater and a pair of brown riding boots. Her light golden brown hair is pulled back in a messy bun.

There's a guy with short brown hair talking with her. Craig, her boyfriend I assume. He's holding her hand and standing close to her. He must have just said something funny because Liddy is giggling.

Harper, by now, can barely control herself. She's tugging on my hand, while jumping up and down like a rabbit, smiling from ear to ear. "Daddy, Lid's here, Lids here!" I can't help but laugh. I can tell she is dying to run over and see her.

"I see that punkin. Would you like to go visit Liddy?" I chuckle.

"YES!!!!"

"Ok, behave yourself." I say. Then I kiss her nose quickly, and let go of her hand. Harper immediately starts running as fast as her little legs can take her, straight towards Liddy. Once she gets there she wraps herself around Lid's legs. Liddy smiles and picks Harper up, then twirls her around. They both start laughing.....The sound that they make together is better than any music I could ever write.

"So, is that the nanny you hired?" Kelly asks with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

Oops, I totally forgot about Kelly. "Yes, it is. Her name is Liddy. Harper just adores her, as you can see." As I turn to look at Kelly, I catch her scowling at Liddy. When she notices me looking at her, she puts on a smile, but I can tell it's fake.

Liddy's POV

So today is the day Hunter starts his tour. Craig has come down to the studio parking lot to see me off. I have mixed feelings about it. One part of me wants to spend as much time with him as possible before I have to go. The other part of me knows I will get emotional and I really don't want Harper or Hunter to see that.