Chapter 8

Lynette's POV

"Hi mom. How was the traffic on your way over here?" 

"Not as bad as I thought it would be for this time of the morning." I say before taking a sip of the coffee Hunter gave me. "You look tired. How did you sleep last night?"

 "Not so great."

"How come?" 

He rubs the back of his neck. "Because I'm worried if we are going to be able to tell who Harper wants for a nanny, Bonnie or Liddy."

As I look into his eyes I can tell there's more on his mind but decide to not mention anything. "Try not to stress over it. I'm sure she'll tell us somehow either verbally or with her actions." 

"I hope you're right?"

"Remember, we always have the option to interview more people if we are uncertain."  I try to reassure him by reaching over and squeezing his hand. 

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I'd really like to make our decision today." He sighs.

"Me too." I smile. "So where is my sweet granddaughter? Still sleeping?"

"I think I heard her moving around, just before you got here. I should probably go check on her."

"That's okay, I'll do it." .  

"Are you sure?" He questions.

"Absolutely! You stay here and drink you coffee and try to relax, while I go help Harper get dressed."

"Okay, thanks."

 When I reach Harper's bedroom I find her sitting in her crib, chatting with Jazzy the stuffed pony we gave her and a few other soft toys. I just smile. She is so adorable. "Hey Sweetie, how are you doing?"

"Gammy!" She squeals when she sees me. "Up, up peez."

I lean over, pick her up and kiss the tip of her perfect little nose. "Are you ready to get dressed?"

She shakes her head. "Yup."

"Great." I say as I put her down and walk over to her closest. "What would you like to wear? How about these cute purple shorts and this yellow top with the words 'I LOVE DADDY' spelled out in purple letters?"

"No torts, Gammy. I want tis." She says as she points to a light pink dress with white cap sleeves and a white belt.

I silently laugh when I realize that even though Harper isn't quite 2 years old yet, she's already developing her mother's sense of style and is turning into a little fashionista. "Are you sure?"