Chapter 98

Hunter's POV

"See I told you my parents were going to be ecstatic to see us together." I whisper in Liddy's ear, after my mom takes Harper from my arms and carries her into the living room, followed by my dad.

"Let's hope they feel the same way when they hear that we're engaged."

"Why are you so nervous? They're going to be happy for us."

"I'm scared that they'll blame me for everything that happened."

"Why would they do that?"

"Because I broke our engagement. Even I though I thought I was doing the best thing for both you and Harper, they may not feel the same way."

"Trust me I know my parents. They won't judge you for that."

"I pray you're right."

I pull her into my arms and hug her. "I am. Don't worry."

She pulls back and looks me in the eyes. "I'll try."

"That's all I ask."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For taking the time to calm my nerves."

"I love you that's what I'm suppose to do."

"But you have too many other things to worry about. You don't need to add my silly insecurities to your list." She sighs. "I'm sorry."

"You and Harper are my life. If either of you are unhappy, scared, worried or sick I'm going to try my hardest to be there for you. That's the type of guy I am."

"I know you are. That's one of the many reasons why I love you so...."

"Hey, is everything okay out there?" My dad calls from the other room.

"Ah yay, we'll be right there." I reply.

"We should go talk to them, about Harper. They're waiting." She grabs my hand and starts to lead us towards the living room.

"Wait. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me."

I pull her into my arms and kiss her lips. "I'll never stop worrying about you. I love you too much to do that. So you better get use to it."

___________________________

Liddy's POV

"Do you think Harper has leukemia?" Lynette asks as I help her make lunch for everyone.

"I'm not sure. I don't want to believe she does. I know her symptoms are different than what my nephew's were, but he had Non Hodgkin's lymphoma."

"Do you know anything about leukemia?"

"A little bit. In college I took a class that did a quick overview of childhood diseases. Leukemia was one of them."

"Oh."

"I was actually the one that noticed my nephew Austin's symptoms and told my sister to have him checked."

"So you learned about Non Hodgkin's, too?"

"Yes."

"Does Harper have many symptoms of leukemia?" She asks nervously.

"She has a few I won't lie. But from what Dr. Fields said children, as young as Harper, rarely show all the signs of any of the conditions he thinks she may have. I guess their immune systems behave differently because of their age."