Chapter 82

Hunter's POV

Ever since Liddy removed her engagement ring and threw it at me earlier today. I've been leaving messages, begging her to contact me, but she hasn't responded to one of my pleas. I'm terrified I've lost her for good and it's literally making me ill. My head is throbbing and my stomach is in knots. I'm exhausted but I know I won't be able to sleep, until we've talked.

Even though I know it's too late to call Liddy, because she's may be sleeping, my heart keeps telling me I need to try one more time. So after a few minutes of internal debate, I decide to type one last text message. In it I tell her how much I love her and miss her and that I am lost without her, which is exactly how I'm feeling right now.

Once I send the message, I walk to my closet, grab my pajamas then head into the bathroom to change. While I'm brushing my teeth I hear my phone chime. I quickly run to my phone, which is charging next to my bed, to see if it's a message from her. When I see Liddy's name displayed on the screen a part of me is excited that she finally responded while another part is fearful of what it may say. So with a shaky hand I open the screen and begin to read her reply.

L: You have no idea how badly I want to believe that, but you've done so many hurtful things. I honestly don't know what to think any more. I'm not sure I can trust you."

It wasn't the "I forgive you" message that I was hoping for, but it's better than nothing so I immediately respond.

H: I know I've hurt you and I am so SORRY! Please, don't give up on us. Let me try to fix this.

I hold my breath waiting to see if she'll reply.

L: I wish you could... But I'm not sure it's possible. I'm scared.

H: I'm scared too, but anything is possible if we love each other enough. Can I call you, please? We really need to talk.

L: It's probably better if we meet face to face to discuss this.

H: I would really like that! Where are you? At Liz's? I'll drive over there right now. I don't want to wait till tomorrow.

L: Yes, I am. But I don't think this is the place to talk.

H: Okay, then where? I'll come get you.

L: No, I will drive over to your place.

H: Are you sure? I really don't like the idea of you driving so late.

L: I'll be fine. Don't worry. I'll be there is 30 mins, if that's okay?

H: I love you. I'm always going to worry about you.

I'll be waiting for you when get here. No need to rush. Just drive safely.

L: I'll see you soon.

I realize I'm anxious to see her, I feel like we haven't talked in ages and it's only been 12 hours. As I change from my pajamas back into regular clothes, all I can do is pray that I find the words to convince her to take me back.

________

Liddy's POV

The whole ride to Hunter's all I've done is shake. I'm so nervous to see him. I'm dreading, with my whole heart what I'm about to do even though I know it's the right thing. I haven't discussed it with anyone, not even Liz, because I knew she would try to talk me out of it and I couldn't let that happen.