Chapter 68

Liddy's POV

"Oh my god, Hunter. You are such a speed junkie. I can't believe how fast you just went."

"No, I'm not.... And I wasn't going all that fast. You were just going super slow."

"Okay, maybe I was but how do you explain the fact that you beat our guide back to the lodge?"

"Uhm, I'm pretty sure he had to stop and wait for some old lady to cross the road."

I start laughing. "There was no old lady out in the middle of our snowmobile trail."

"Are you positive?" He asks as he grabs my hips and pulls me in for a kiss. "I'm pretty sure there was."

I melt into him. "If you keep kissing me like that, I'll believe anything you say."

He chuckles before giving me another mind blowing kiss. "So are you starting to remember the old lady, yet?"

"Hmmm, maybe." I giggle. "I think I might still need more "help" to refresh my memory."

"Well, I can do that, just not here." He says as he picks me up and carries me to our cabin. When he reaches the porch he carefully places my feet down and opens the door so I can walk in. "After you, Madame."

I giggle and kiss him on the cheek as I pass by. When I step inside I am amazed at what I see. There's a fire going in the fireplace and a bottle of champagne chilling next to a small table set for 2 with candles flickering. "Hunter, what have you done?"

"Me, I've done nothing." He smirks. "I've been with you all day."

I slap him playfully on the arm. "Oh, you know what I mean."

"It must have been the 'cabin elves', they mentioned, on the phone when I was making the reservation. I guess they can be quite the nuisance running around setting up tables, leaving alcoholic beverages, things like that."

"Oh, really? Cabin elves?" I question before leaning over to kiss him.

"Yup."

"Well, I think we should go change and see what those little creatures left us."

_____________

Hunter's POV

Laying here with Liddy in my arms, watching the flames from the fireplace dance around, is the perfect end to our day. She loved the surprised dinner I had 'the cabin elves' set up, which is good since it was only a practice run for what I have planned for tomorrow.

I am nervous yet excited beyond words for the surprise I have planned for her. I had two different ideas on what to do when I present her with her gift and since mother nature is going to cooperate tonight by snowing, I'm able to go with my first choice. I just pray everything comes together smoothly and the "cabin elves" do their job properly.

"Hey babe. What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking I'm the luckiest man alive. What about you? What's going through that pretty little head of yours?"

She giggles. "I've been reflecting on how much my life has changed since I met you and Harper."

"Oh you have, so is it a good change?" I ask as I kiss her adorable nose.

"You know it is. I love you so much. I can't imagine my life without you in it. When I think about what Kelly said and how I almost left you and Harper because she was supposedly pregnant with your child. I get sick. I might not be here in your arms, if Ryan hadn't talked to you."