Chapter 69

*****Since everyone has been asking for my next update, I decide to give it to you a few hours early. Hope you like it.*****

Valentine's Day

Liddy's POV

By the time, I finish showering and getting dressed, it's almost time to leave for our ski lesson. As I enter the hallway, I can hear Hunter playing his guitar. He's singing something, soft and slow. I wonder if it's a new song that he's working on since I have never heard it before.

I tap on his open bedroom door. "Knock, knock."

"Hi." He says with a smile on his face that causes the 'butterflies' in my stomach to take flight. I swear I couldn't love him any more if I tried.

"Happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's Day to you, too." He says before walking over to wrap me in his arms and give me a kiss.

I can taste the mint from his toothpaste. That mixed with the scent of his cologne has my head spinning and heart racing and it's not even 9 am.

"Hey, you about ready to try skiing?" He asks. "If we leave soon, we should have time to drop by the lodge to grab some coffee and muffins."

"I'm all set. Let's get going. I know you're a bit of a bear until you have your morning coffee."

"I am not."

I laugh. "You most certainly are. Don't try to deny it. But it's okay. I still love you."

He pulls me close and kisses me again. "Promise?"

"Pinky promise. Now, let's hurry! I don't want to be late for our lesson."

"Okay." He says unenthusiastically.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing really, I just suck at anything athletic. With my luck I'll break a leg or arm or both and we'll have to spend our first V. Day in some strange hospital.

I can't help but laugh. "Oh babe, it'll be okay. It's our first lesson. It's not like they are going to take us down the most difficult trail. Don't worry. You'll be fine.

"Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you. I'm probably going to run you over a couple of times."

"That's alright, it snowed last night so if either of us fall it shouldn't hurt, at least." Then I kiss his cheek. "Now, stop stalling. We need to get you some coffee, Mr. Grumpy pants."

______________

Hunter's POV

Thankfully, our lesson is over and I didn't break anything! I fell a few hundred times, but that's okay, nothing was hurt but my ego. Liddy actually, did pretty well. I think with a few more lessons she could be a pretty good skier.

"So what do you want to do next?" She asks excitedly.

"Uhm, it's almost lunch time. Why don't we go back to the cabin take quick showers and then eat something? After that we can go ice skating and then I would like to make some snowmen, so I can send Harper a photo or video of them. How does that sound?"

"It sounds perfect." She says with a smile. "I love you so much. Thank you for bringing me here."

I kiss the tip of rosy red nose. "I love you, too. I'm so glad you're having a good time."

"I am, but I always have a good time when I'm with you."

"That's good to know because I feel the exact same way. Now, let's hit the cabin and get cleaned up. I'm starving."