Chapter 50

Liddy's POV

Nothing like a warm shower, clean clothes and a little makeup to lighten my mood. I know Hunter didn't mean to hurt my feelings. I'm just sensitive. In my mind we are already a couple so I think of us tackling any problem together. Obviously he doesn't feel that way right now, but hopefully in time he will.

When my phone rings, I smile. It's my parents.

"Merry Christmas" I say as I answer their call.

"Merry Christmas to you!" My family says. I can tell they have me on speaker phone.

"Was Santa good to you?" I giggle.

"Yes, he was!" I hear Jan say. "Thank you so much for the gorgeous sweater and silk scarf you gave me. I love it!"

"You are very welcome. Happy you like it."

"Thanks for the leather gloves and the tie with antique cars on it. Very original." My dad says.

I smile. "I knew you would like it. Not something you would wear everyday, but definitely a conversation starter."

"That it is!" I hear my half brother Linc call from the background. I just laugh.

"I'll make sure to get you one, Linc, next Christmas."

"Awe, thanks sis."

"So how did Hunter like his gift?" My dad inquires.

"I'm not sure. Harper's been running a fever so I haven't had a chance to give it to him, yet. But I'm pretty sure he'll love it. I'll text you after he opens it and let you know what he says."

We continue to chat for a few more minutes until I hear my sister in law speak in the back ground. "Well, honey, looks like Susan has brunch ready for us. So we need to go. Merry Christmas. Love you." My dad says.

"Okay, wish Sue Merry Christmas for me and thank you for my gifts, I am sure I will love them. I just haven't opened them yet." I giggle.

"No worries." Jan says. "We understand about sick babies. So when does Hunter go back on the road?"

"Not till January 3rd. Why?"

"I was just wondering if you had time to come visit us? We would love to see you. Your dad and I head back to Virginia tomorrow. So if you feel like being spontaneous let us know. Well, gotta run. Love you, talk to you soon."

"Love you, too. Bye" I say as I hang up the phone and smile. I love my family.

When I hear my stomach grumble I decide to make oatmeal with pecans, cranberries and brown sugar plus some bacon on the side. I also opt to make myself hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream and peppermint sprinkles on the top. It's a Dean's family tradition that I had hoped to share with Harper and Hunter.

As I am rinsing off my plate to put it in the dishwasher, I hear a knock on my door. Since the noise is coming from the door that connects to Hunter's house, I know it's him and I smile.

When I open the door I find a freshly showered Hunter in a pair of tight dark wash jeans, a maroon Henley shirt with all 3 buttons undone, a five o'clock shadow on his face and a beautifully wrapped gift in his hand. I almost melt right there on the spot. He is so handsome.

"Hey, can I come in?" He asks with a sheepish smile.

"Sure. Where's Harper?"

"She's still sleeping. I didn't have the heart to wake her." He says as he steps inside my apartment. "Would you mind leaving the door open so we can hear her if she makes a noise?"