Chapter 70

Hunter's POV

I'm so excited Lid said yes! I was a nervous wreck all day. I was pretty confident she was going to agree, but you never know.

"Hunter, my ring is gorgeous! I've never seen one quite like this." She says as she holds it out for the light to catch it.

"That's because there isn't. I had it custom made just for you."

"I can't believe you did that!"

I kiss her adorable little nose. "I did and trust me, it won't be the last time. You are such an amazing person. I want you to have things that are as beautiful and unique as you."

"But...."

"No buts, okay, please?"

"Alright, I'll drop the subject for now, but there are no promises I won't bring it up later."

I chuckle. "You can try.... Now, come on, let's go inside, it's starting to get really cold out here."

She shakes her head and snuggles into my side as I wrap my arm around her and lead her back to the cabin. When we are on the porch, I walk over and shut off my video camera and place my phone in my coat pocket. "After you my lady." I say as I open the door.

When she steps inside the cabin her eyes grow as large as saucers. "Hunter, this is beautiful!"

While we were gone I had the "Cabin Elves" come and string tiny white lights all around the space. I asked them to reset the table just like last night, including the champagne and candles. Then I also requested they place two roses on Liddy's plate, one red and one white. When given together the roses signify love and unity. I thought that was appropriate since I just asked her to marry me. Then to top it all off I asked to have soft music playing in the background.

"This looks absolutely magical! You have to be the most romantic boyfriend ever!"

I look at her with a raised brow. It takes her a second to realize her mistake and when she does she blushes.

"You have to be the most romantic fiancé ever!"

"There you go, I like the sound of that MUCH better." I chuckle.

"Me, too!" She says before wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me in for a kiss. "I love you so much. I can't believe you did all this."

"I was only responsible for the ring and the proposal. The 'cabin elves' took care of the rest." I winked.

"Well, these 'Cabin Elves' are pretty crafty. Do you think we can take one or two back home with us?" We both start laughing.

____________

Liddy's POV

Dinner was incredible, so romantic. Besides the candlelight, champagne and roses he also had the lodge prepare my favorite meal sea scallops in a mustard seed sauce served with garlic mash potato and wilted spinach. Then to top it off, we had chocolate covered strawberries, which we took turns feeding each other and a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert.

When we finished our meal, he sang the song he had been singing this morning. It was absolutely beautiful and made me cry. It's about how I pulled him from the darkness, gave him hope and made him feel complete. I wonder if it will go on his next album? It certainly was that good.

After that we slow danced to songs by Keith Urban, Chris Young, Lee Brice and I even convinced him to dance to his own song "Love Too Much." That took a lot of prodding. He really hates to listen to himself sing, which is so weird. He has such beautiful voice.