Chapter 43

Hunter's POV

We are in Virginia. Tonight is the last performance before the tour takes a 2 hiatus for the holidays. As much as I love to perform I am looking forward to getting off the road. I could say the reason is I am tired but that's not the case at all. The main reason I want to get back to Nashville is so Ryan won't be able to hang around Liddy so easily.

Ever since their day at the zoo, they've been spending more and more time with each other. It's now to the point that when I get done performing and head back to my bus he is there with her. They are usually just watching a movie or playing Mario Kart, but it upsets me. I can see how Ryan looks at her and he definitely wants to be more than her friend. Who wouldn't want Liddy to be their girlfriend or wife? She is so incredible.

I am not sleeping because all I think about is loosing Liddy and how empty my life would be without her. I know I need to find a way to show her that we belong together, I'm just not sure how to do that. Obviously, my casual flirting isn't convincing her because if it were then she wouldn't be hanging out with Ryan.

I look at my watch. I have 40 minutes before I have to do a call in radio interview, so I pull out my phone and dial my parent's number. After the third ring I hear someone pick up.

"Hello."

"Hey mom, how are you and dad doing?" I ask as I walk into my small studio and shut the door.

"We're fine. What about you? Is everything okay?"

"Yes and No. I need some advice and was hoping you or dad could help me."

"Well, your dad isn't here right now, but I am, so tell me what's going on with you and Liddy?"

"How do you know I'm calling about Lid?"

I hear her laugh. "I'm a mother. I just know."

"Wow, you're good." Then I laugh. "Well you know that Liddy told me the day after we went to dinner at MK's that she wanted to keep things professional between us and I agreed."

"Yes, I remember. I also remember you saying that you were going to do everything you could, to get her to change her mind. Is it working?"

"I thought it was until we went to the Atlanta zoo and for some reason she decided to spend the day with Ryan instead of Harper and me. Ever since then he has been hanging around with her whenever he can."

"Did something happen between you two to make her want to hang out with Ryan?"

"Not that I know of. That's what's so frustrating. We seemed to be getting along well. I really thought I was starting to break through her walls when out of the blue she takes off with Ryan."

"How, did that make you feel?"

"Honestly?"

"Yes, honestly."

"Ah, uhm. I didn't like it. It really upset me."

"I'm not surprised. You love her. It only makes sense that you would be jealous."

"I'm very jealous!" I say as I rub the back of my neck. "Ryan is a really nice guy. I just don't want him to steal Liddy away from me."

"How do you know he's trying to steal her away?"

"I just know, mom. It's obvious how he looks at her, he most definitely wants to be more than just her friend."

"How does Liddy look at him?"