Chapter 23

Hunter's POV

I can't believe Liddy fell off the ladder. She is so lucky she didn't hurt more than her ankle. I'm so glad I was around to help her and carry her to the couch. I have to admit, holding her in my arms felt amazing. I didn't want to let go. Every single nerve in my body was tingling. Each time I touch her, my feelings get more intense. I need to be really careful. We're only friends. I can't give into my attraction for her. Especially since she's still with Craig.

Or is she? Ever since my mom asked where Craig was, I've started thinking. Over the last few weeks, I don't remember her talking or skyping with him when we were on the bus. But that doesn't mean she wasn't communicating with him while I was working.

Maybe I should just ask her.

"Dada, what does Lids need?"

"Well, she needs a bag of frozen peas, which I have right here. Plus some ibruprofen for swelling and pain and these crutches, that I have left over from my fall on stage, a few years back."

"I give her Jazzy, to make her feel better."

I look down at my beautiful daughter and I am speechless. She loves that stuffed horse to pieces. Why would she give her to Liddy? "Are you sure about this Harps? Don't you think you'll miss Jazzy too much if you give her to Liddy?"

"Jazzy makes me feel better. She'll make Lids feel better."

"Aw, come here." I bend down and wrap my arms around Harper and hold her. "I love you, baby girl." I kiss the top of head. "Let's go take this stuff to Lid."

Liddy's POV

I really need to go the bathroom. I know I promised Harper I would stay put, but I really can't wait. So I carefully move into a sitting position and stand up. As soon as I put any weight on my ankle I wince. I guess I'm going to have to hop to the bathroom. Thank God, the powder room is close. I don't have to hop that far.

As I am finishing up I can hear Harper and

Hunter coming through the door that connects my apartment to the second level

of his house. Darn, there's no way I can make it back to the couch in time.

Great I am going to have to deal with the wrath of Nurse Hunter. Knowing I have been caught, I slowly take my

time washing my hands before I hop out of the powder room. As I open the door I

discover Harper and Hunter standing there looking at me with their arms crossed

over their chests. Oh boy, I know I'm in trouble, but I can't help but giggle. They

both look so cute with serious looks on their faces.

"What have you been doing?" Hunter asks with a stern voice.

"Well, it's the bathroom. I bet you can guess." My sassy comment makes him blush. It actually makes both of us blush.

I manage to take 1 hop before Hunter lifts me into his arms again and starts to carry me towards my bedroom this time. The distance is farther than the couch so it takes a few extra seconds to get there. The whole time I'm in his arms my body is hypersensitive to every part that has contact with Hunter. My feelings are more intense, than the last time. I know I should be fighting my attraction towards him but I can't help myself. There's just something about being in Hunter's arms that just feels right.

"Here we go." He says as he gently places me on my bed.

I involuntarily shiver when I no longer feel the warmth of his body. Hunter must have noticed because he reaches over for the extra blanket I had folded on the end of my bed and tucks it around my body. "Harper." He lifts her up and sits her next to me. "You sit right next to Liddy and make sure she doesn't move. I'll be back in a minute."