Chapter 47

The day before Christmas

Liddy's POV

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, I think to myself as I jump out of my Range Rover and walk to the back to gather the last few presents I needed to pick up. The most important being Hunter's gift, which took the framers a few extra days to complete. I don't know what I would have done if they hadn't finished on time.

Thankfully, they did and they felt so bad for taking so long, that they gift wrapped it for me. Now, all I have is a few girly things for Liz and Abbie, to throw into some holiday gift bags and I will be officially, done with all my Christmas shopping!

As I walk up the stairs to my apartment I hear my phone chime. Once I am inside I place my packages on the couch and pull my phone out of my purse. It's a text message, from Ryan.

R: Just wanted to see how you are doing and to wish you a Merry Christmas. Things will be crazy around here tomorrow and I didn't want to forget.

Awe. He is so sweet. I might have fallen for him if the timing had been different. But instead, I met Hunter and he has had my heart from the very first day I met him. Of course it took me some time to figure it out, but thankfully I did.

I still haven't told Hunter yet that I love him. I need to be positive that Kelly is out of the picture completely before I say anything. Although I must admit, by the way he is acting, I'm reasonably convinced they have broken up. I haven't heard from her and as far as I can tell neither has he. 

It took the kiss under the mistletoe a few days ago, to help me realize I care too much for Hunter to continue to pretend that I don't. So, since that night I've been spending the majority of my time with him and Harper. He's been flirting with me terribly. Actually, we both have been flirting with each other pretty much nonstop. There hasn't been another kiss and I'm okay with that. I'm fine with taking it slow, especially with the question of Kelly looming in the air.

Before I forget I text Ryan back.

L: I'm doing great! Hope you are having a blast with your family. Have a wonderful Christmas. Call me when you get back so we can get together for lunch.

Then I look at the time and realize I only havea few hours to wrap my gifts and shower for the Christmas Eve Mass that I'm attending with Hunter and his family around 6 pm. Plus I have to make an appetizer to take to Liz's party that I'm going to after church. As I pull out the ingredients to make the bruschetta I get another text. This one is from Hunter.

H: I know you're busy, but if I send you some photos can you tell me which shirt and tie I should wear tonight?

I just giggle. I seriously don't know how he dressed himself before he hired me. I pick out all his clothes now. Come to think of it, that's probably why he wore T-shirts so often in the past. Those are pretty hard to mess up.

L: I can do that.

H: Are you sure it's not too much of a bother?

L: No bother at all.

H: Okay, sending the first of 3 photos now.

While I am waiting to get all 3 texts from Hunter, I take the time to chop some tomatoes and start marinating them in Italian dressing.

Once I see all 3 photos I pick the last one for no other reason than it goes better with my outfit. Oh Goodness! I'm starting to dress us like a couple. I shouldn't be doing that so soon. It's only been a few days!

L: I think the shirt and tie in your last photo is my favorite.

H: Thanks! What would I do without you?