Chapter 11

Liddy POV

I just left Hunter's beautiful home and now I am sitting in my car, at the same Starbucks where I interviewed with him and Lynette. My emotions are all over the place. I am very conflicted. One part of me is so excited to have the opportunity to care for Harper and travel the country meeting new people and seeing new things. Something I've wanted to do my whole life.  Then the other part of me is sad because I'd be leaving my boyfriend, Craig and my family, for long periods of time when Hunter is on tour.

I decide to get out of my car and go for a walk. Hoping the fresh air will clear my head. I walk for what seems like miles. Trying to figure out a way that I can take this job and not strain Craig's and my relationship. After about an hour I return to my car, feeling more conflicted than ever. I need to talk to someone and I know exactly who. I pick up my phone and start dialing.  After listening to my phone ring for what feels like forever, I finally hear Elizabeth pick up the phone. "Hey sis, can I come over? I really need to talk." I say while fighting back tears.

"Of course, Come right over. I'll be waiting."

Traffic was light so it didn't take long, to get to my sister's house, which is located just outside of Nashville. As I start to pull into her drive, I notice my niece Abby and nephew Austin walking across the yard to their friend Timmy's house. They wave and I wave back. When I get out of my car I see Liz walking out the door, towards me. I can tell that she's worried.

"Hey Liddy, what's wrong? I could tell from your voice on the phone something's up. Did you and Craig have a fight?"

Tears start to fill my eyes, but I manage to hold them back.  My sister gives me a hug then we head to her kitchen. I take a seat on one of the high bar stools next to the island. She hands me a bottle of water then sits beside me and waits patiently for me to tell her what's wrong.

Once I feel I have my emotions under control, I take a deep breath and begin to speak. "Remember, me telling you, yesterday about the job interview I had with Hunter Hayes and his mom Lynette? They're looking for a full time nanny for his 2 year old, daughter, Harper." Liz shakes her head, yes. "Well, it took a second interview, but I got the job!!!"

"That's awesome! Oh Liddy, I am so happy for you! I knew you really wanted the job. You wouldn't stop talking about it. So what's the problem? Why aren't we celebrating? Is there an issue with you and his daughter?"

 "No, nothing like that. Harper is adorable.  We had so much fun during our 'get to know each other' visit/interview. We played dress up, had a tea party and read some books. I couldn't believe it, but by the 2nd story Harper felt comfortable enough with me that she crawled into my lap and just sat there looking at me. She gently touched my necklace, my cheeks, my nose, even my lips. I think she fancied my pink lipstick color. She eventually became so enthralled with me and the story that she didn't even notice her dad or grandmother walk onto the room."

"Aww, I bet that melted your heart. I know it would have mine."

"Yes, it certainly did. I was having so much fun with her. I didn't want to leave." I say with a smile. "Harper is such a wonderful little girl. A bit tentative around women, which is totally understandable considering the situation with her mother. She probably isn't aware of it yet, but she's going to have some sort of abandonment and trust issues, as she grows older. You know I can relate to that." My sister reaches over to hold my hand, while nodding, yes.