Chapter 71

Warning!!!! This chapter is a love scene. IF you are uncomfortable at all reading stuff like this then feel free to skip it. You will miss nothing to do with the plot.

________________________

Hunter's POV

The feel of Liddy's lips on mine and the tantalizing pressure of her lying firmly against my body are driving me insane. I want her so badly, but I can't rush her. I promised her I wouldn't. So reluctantly, I force myself to pull back.

"Hey, babe it's getting late. I'm sure you're tired. We should probably head to bed?"

"Oh, okay." She says breathlessly as she scrambles to sit up on the couch. "If that's what you want."

God no, that's not what I want. I scream in my head. I stand up, reach for her hand. "I'm sure you have a busy day planned for us tomorrow so we should probably get some sleep."

She takes my hand and follows me to the hallway just outside our rooms. There I pause to place my fingers gently on her chin. I tilt her head so I can gaze into her eyes. I'm looking for a sign that she's ready to be with me, but all I find is the same uncertainty I have seen for weeks. Maybe it isn't as intense as it was, but it's still there.

I smile and lean over to kiss her forehead. "I love you. Sweet dreams." Then I turn and walk into my bedroom. I grab my pajama pants and a black V neck t-shirt and continue on to the bathroom.

While I turn on the shower, I can't help but ponder when Liddy will want to be with me. I know once she said she was afraid to disappoint me, but I can't help but feel there is more to it. I wonder if she is having trouble trusting me in some way. I probably should discuss that with her in the morning.

When I finish with my shower, I step out shivering. That certainly took care of any lingering effects from my time spent with Liddy earlier on the couch. I have to laugh. This is getting to be a routine. Once I brush my hair, and teeth I throw on my T-shirt and sleeping pants and head to my room making sure to shut the light off.

Since I forgot to turn a lamp on in my room, it is only illuminated by the tiny amount of light escaping from the nightlight that is behind me. Lucky for me it casts just enough light for me to reach my bed without stubbing my toes.

Once I'm settled in, I take a few minutes to read and reply to several emails. Then just before I roll over to try and get some sleep, I text Liddy.

H: I love you with my whole heart! Thanks for agreeing to marry me! You have made me happier than words can begin to express. See you in the morning, babe. OXOXOX

_______________________

Liddy's POV

As I walk into my bath to comb my hair and brush my teeth, I realize I'm shaking a bit. I'm nervous, but I know I'm ready to be with him. Any issues I had about letting my protective walls down and completely trusting him with my heart went away when he asked me to be his wife.

Why I've taken so long to make up my mind, that I'm ready, is beyond me. I've known for months that he is my soul mate. I can't imagine ever loving another man the way that I love Hunter. I'll admit that at times I've felt a bit overwhelmed by my feelings and it has scared me occasionally, but it's only because I don't ever want to loose him.

When I hear my phone chime, notifying me I have a text, I smile. I know it's from him. I tear up as I read it. He is such an amazing and loving man. Immediately I return his text.