Chapter 31

Liddy's POV

"Thanks for offering to do my hair for me tonight, Liz."

"That's what sisters are for? Besides I'm dying to hear all the details from last's night's date." She says with a smirk.

"It wasn't a date."

"Then what was it?"

"I don't know what you would call it. Maybe two friends who went to a movie, then got some coffee and ended up holding hands. I'm..." I never get to finish. Liz interrupts me.

"You ended up holding hands. I want details and I want them now!"

"Okay." I say with a giggle. "We met at 7:30 pm outside his garage and spent some time talking about classic cars after he showed me his '94 Porsche 911 and his '69 Jaguar XKE. I think he was impressed that I knew so much about them.

"He owns an XKE? What color? Was it a convertible or a hard top?" She asks.

"It's white with a hard top. Now stop interrupting, please."

"Sorry."

"Before the movie, while we were standing in line to buy popcorn I turned my ankle and literally ended up falling into Hunter's chest." I blush at the memory. "I thought I  felt chemistry the day I twisted my ankle, well that was nothing compared to what I experienced last night."

"What did Hunter do?"

"He wrapped his hands around my waist, to keep me, from knocking us both over. Then he looked directly into my eyes for a few seconds. I think, he felt something. His eyes turned a stormy gray blue color and he seemed very hesitant to let go of me. But seriously Liz, I can't think straight when I am that close to Hunter, so maybe I just imagined everything."

"I highly doubt that." My sister chuckles. 

"I hope you're right." I say before grabbing 2 bottles of water from my refrigerator and handing one to Liz. "As for the movie, I honestly don't remember much. A very tall man sat in front of me, so in order to see past him, I had to lean towards Hunter for the entire movie. Needless to say with the smell of his cologne and knowing his toned body was only a few inches away, I wasn't able to concentrate, very much at all."

"Well that's, good!" She exclaims. "If you had a hard time focusing, then that means Hunter did, too." Liz just smiles. "Did he try to hold your hand or put his arm around you?"

"No, but I am pretty sure I heard a few groans, but at least one of those were mine. Seriously, his cologne was driving me insane." Liz just giggles.

 "I am so happy you are taking pleasure in my frustration."

"I'm sorry. But you are so cute when you're disgruntled."She says as she continues to laugh.

I roll my eyes. "After the movie we found a 24 hour Starbucks and sat and talked while drinking hot chocolate."

"When did you hold hands? In the car, on the way to get coffee?"

"No, actually it happened 2 separate times and both times where at Starbucks." Liz's face lights up with surprise.  "I was totally shocked the both times it happened. We had been talking and flirting with each other, when I reached over to pat his hand for some reason. That's when he tenderly grabbed my wrist and started running  his fingers over my fingertips looking for calluses, I guess. When I didn't have any, he asked if I had ever played a string instrument. I said a few times, but that I quit because I wasn't very good. He then offered to show me how to play the guitar, if I ever wanted to learn."

"Wow, that's so sweet of him." She says. 

I shake my head, yes. "I told him he'd never have enough time to teach me because I was so bad. And you won't believe what he said."