Chapter 108

Liddy's POV

As my dad and I reach the alter I take a hold of Hunter's outstretched hand. He squeezes my fingers ever so gently and I instantly feel a sense of calmness. Any worries or concerns that something might go wrong just disappear with his one simple reassuring gesture.

The smile on his handsome face and the love shining in his gorgeous stormy blue eyes makes my heart flutter and my knees weak. I have to take a moment to catch my breath. I'm not sure what I did to deserve a man as wonderful as him, but I'm thankful beyond words.

Once the ceremony begins and Father Paul begins to speak, I try to pay attention to each and every word, wanting to remember every detail of this perfect day. Unfortunately, I quickly find myself lost, in the depths of my soon to be husband's soulful eyes and begin thinking about the amazing life we will have together.

When Father Paul informs me it's time for me to recite the vows I wrote for Hunter, I nod politely at him, then lean over to whisper in Hunter's ear. He looks back at me questioningly. I smile brightly then glance over my shoulder, assuring him that he heard me correctly.

I'm not surprised by his confusion since we didn't practice this during the rehearsal. It's something I thought of last night while I was laying in bed. I think it will make our vows that much more special.

As Hunter walks over to get Harper, I take a few deep breaths and let them out slowly, trying to prepare myself for what I'm going to say. Praying that I don't mess up. When he returns holding beautiful Harper, in his arms, I reach out and grab each of their hands.

"Hunter and Harper, I pledge before God and everyone here, to love you both unconditionally, with all of my heart, for the rest of my days. I promise to listen when you speak and hear not only your words but the message that is hidden among them. I will hold you when you feel sad, scared or lost and I'll laugh with you and try to make every day happier than the one before."

"I promise to support each and every one of your dreams and will always cheer the loudest for your success. I pledge to be honest with you and will never take you for granted, instead I will cherish and respect you the way that you deserve to be. I will stand by you both through the good times and the bad and most importantly, I promise to NEVER give up on us and our family, because you are the loves of my life."

When I'm finished, I automatically reach over and brush away the tears that rest upon Hunter's cheeks. He smiles that smile that takes my breath away then whispers the 3 words, I will never tire of hearing 'I Love You'.

"Now, Hunter, it's your turn." Father Paul instructs.

He nods, straightens his shoulder and clears this throat. Then he quickly squeezes my hand once before he begins. "Lindsay Irene, I ... No wait, let me start again." He says as he looks over at Harper. "Lindsay Irene, Harper and I want you to know that we thank the Lord every single day for bringing you into our lives. You are the biggest blessing that we have ever been given. The love, light and laughter that you share with us each day has given us more joy then we can ever express. You are what make us a family. We need you more than you will ever know......"

"That is why we pledge to always love you with our entire hearts and promise to NEVER take you or your love for granted. We will try our best to inspire you and encourage you to chase your dreams. Then do whatever it takes to help you achieve them. We promise to sing and dance with you in the rain and try our hardiest to protect you from things that may hurt you. When we can't, we will always be here to hold you in our arms until the sadness passes."

"We will support and respect you and VOW to cherish you every second that we are together. You are my best friend and soul mate and one of Harper's biggest loves that is why we pledge before God to love you unconditionally and promise to follow you wherever you go and stay wherever you stay because without you we would be lost."