Chapter 46

Liddy's POV

It's halfway through the party and still no sign of Kelly. I don't know how I feel about that. A part of me just wants to observe them together so I can see for myself that they are in love then I can move on. But the other part of me wants to try and win Hunter's heart. I know it's wrong and would be hurtful to Kelly, but I still have such strong feelings for him.

I didn't realize it until yesterday when he was holding me, in the pool. There was something about his touch that felt so familiar, so right. It made me happier then I have been in a long time. Laughing with him and watching him with Harper gave me a sense of completeness, I have never experienced before.

"Hey Liddy, would you come over here for a second, please?" Matt calls from across the room.

"Sure." I say as I set my glass of eggnog down and walk over to the crowd sitting on the couch." "What's up?"

"We need you to settle a dispute for us. Who has the best technique at Mario Kart? Devo or me?"

I just smile. "Oh, that's easy to answer. Me!"

Everyone starts to laugh except for Matt. "But"

Before Matt can say anything else I interrupt him. "Need I remind you, that I beat you 5 out of 6 times and now you won't play with me any more?"

"Oh yeah, now I remember." Matt mumbles into his hands.

"It's okay babe, I still love you." Stephanie says as she kisses his cheek.

The band continues to tease Matt about his lack of skills in Mario Kart. While I stand to the side watching and laughing. I  love these guys. They are so much fun to be around. When I feel a hand rest on my bare back, I know immediately it's Hunter. My stomach starts doing summersaults.

"Here, you left this on the table." He says as he passes me my eggnog.

I turn so I can look at his face. "Are you trying to get me drunk?"

"Absolutely, not." He says with that smile that makes me weak in the knees. "We both know you can do that on your own." He winks and walks off.

I just shake my head and giggle, until I hear Lynette call from across the room. "Hey, Hunter didn't you have something you wanted to share with us?"

When I hear her inquiry, I panic and start looking for Liz. I'm sick because I'm afraid he's going to announce that he and Kelly are back together. For all I know she could be sitting in another room waiting to make her grand appearance.

Finally I find Liz, among all the other guests. She is already walking towards me. When she sees the trepidation in my eyes, she knows I need her. So she rushes the last few steps and takes my hand.

"It'll be fine. He's probably just going to announce he has another tour scheduled, that's it."

"I hope you're right." I whisper just before Hunter asks us to gather around.

"So as you all know the first part of this year was pretty hard for me. I took a lot of time off and kind of fell under the radar which was good for me personally but not so good for me professionally. Since starting the tour, I haven't been asked to do many guest appearances and that had the team and I pretty worried. But with Betsy's hard work and determination and I am happy to announce that the band and I have been asked to perform at the St Jude's Fundraiser in January!"

"Oh that's awesome news." Lynette says as she pulls Hunter into a hug.

"Performing for St Jude's is a big honor." Leo adds.

While everyone else is continuing to congratulate Hunter, Liz pulls me to the side.

"See, I told you everything would be fine. No need to worry." She says as she gives me a side hug. "I honestly don't think Kelly is going to show up tonight, since she hasn't already. I'm guessing she's either visiting her family for the holidays, or they broke up."