Chapter 88

Hunter's POV

"Oh there you are. I was starting to think you fell asleep on me?" Renee says with a smirk.

Even though I'm raging on the inside, I try desperately to keep my voice low and calm. "No, Harper woke up, so I was talking with her for awhile."

"She did? How's she feeling?"

"Sleepy. I invited her to come snuggle with us but she said no."

"Was she too tired?"

"Actually she said no because she's didn't want to be with you! Her exact words were 'Mommy scare me.' "

Renee looks nervous, but covers quickly. "Why would she be scared of me? You must have misunderstood her."

"Trust me I didn't." I state as I pace the floor. "What did you say to Liddy earlier to make her cry?"

She's shocked by my question. "I don't know what you're talking about? I didn't make her cry."

"Oh, you didn't?"

"No, of course not. All I did was tell her that I would be taking care of OUR DAUGHTER this afternoon and that we didn't need her any more today."

I know she's lying. "Then why did Harper say you were yelling at Liddy?"

"I don't know. She's obviously confused. She's only 2 years old."

"She's 29 months and she did NOT misunderstand."

"Are you serious? You believe a 29 MONTH OLD, over me?"

"Yes, I do. She has no reason to lie to me, but you on the other hand!"

"Why would I lie to you?"

"Because you know that I'll be pissed if you did anything to upset Liddy or Harper."

"Oh so that's what this is about. You're afraid I upset your precious Liddy."

"She's not my Liddy, not any more unfortunately, But yes I'm ticked that you upset her and I'm OUTRAGED that whatever you did or said, scared Harper enough to the point that she doesn't want to be around you!"

"Stop exaggerating, she'll be fine. Whatever she THINKS she heard me say, she'll forget about it by the morning."

"You think so?"

"Of course she will. She's just a toddler."

"Well, I don't agree. You didn't see the fear in her eyes when she told me. You hurt Liddy and she wants nothing to do with you."

"Hunter, everything will be alright. Just calm down." She says while walking over to stand in front of me. "Maybe it will take a day or so but Harper will be fine. Trust me." Then she attempts to place her hands on my chest.

"Don't touch me." I bat her hands away. "You don't even feel the least bit guilty that you hurt our daughter."

"Well, yay of course I do, but there's nothing I can do about it. We're all human. We all make mistakes. She's just going to have to learn to get over it."

"Are you serious?" I run my hands though my hair. "There are many things you could do, if you really cared, like APOLOGIZE!" I yell.

"Will that make you feel better, if I do that? Will you finally stop overreacting so we can get back to normal?"

I'm so angry with her right now, I can't stand to be in the same room with her. How dare she hurt Liddy and Harper and not feel any remorse! Who is this woman? "You think I'm overreacting?"