Chapter 74

Liddy's POV

"Daddy's home!" Harper exclaims when she hears the garage door open.

When Hunter walks inside, she throws herself at him and he lifts her high in the air and spins her around. They both laugh and giggle. This has become a new nightly routine, since the tour ended 4 weeks ago. I love watching them have so much fun together. I can't help but imagine him doing the exact same thing to our baby boy or girl, someday, if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant.

"Hey, beautiful." He says as he kisses me.

"Hi." I melt into his arms. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too."

"So how were things at the studio, today?"

"Good. Betsy dropped by with some great news. The View wants the band and I to perform 'To the moon and Back' on their show in two weeks."

"Oh Babe, that's awesome!"

"Yay, we're pretty excited." He says before stealing a piece of carrot from the salad I have sitting on the counter.  "So since we have to go to New York City to film the show, I was thinking that you might want to invite Liz to join us and then you two could spend some time looking for a wedding dress."

"Oh my God that's an awesome idea!" I throw my arms around him and give him a hug.  "What made you think of it?"

He looks a bit sheepish. "I'd like to take full credit for everything, but the truth is Betsy mentioned that you might like to look at dresses there, but I was the one who thought you would like your sister to help you look."

I love him so much. He is always so thoughtful. "Well, you were right. I definitely want Liz's input." I smile then kiss him on the cheek.  "But, wait!  Isn't it bad luck or something to buy a wedding dress before you even set a wedding date?"

"I don't think so, but we probably shouldn't risk it." He smirks. "We better sit down after dinner and pick one!"

"B b b but, I thought we had to wait awhile to announce our engagement and start planning the wedding because your music label thought your fans needed more time to get use to the idea that you had a girlfriend, before springing the whole fiancé thing on them."

"Well, they did, but Betsy managed to get them to change their minds. She explained to them that we really want to start a family within the next 2 years and the only way we can possibly conceive is with IVF.  Then she informed them that our chances of it being successful reduce the older you get. According to her everyone was very understanding, so they gave us the okay, to announce our engagement!"

"No way, are you serious?"

"Yes, very serious! We can start planning our wedding and once we figure out how we want to, we can announce our engagement."

I'm so excited I throw my arms around his neck and he picks me up and spins me around. When he stops we are both giggling.

"Hey, my turn." Harper demands. So Hunter lets go of me and bends down and picks her up and spins her around. "Why so happy?" She asks.

"We're very excited because we are finally going to tell all my fans that we are getting married!"

"Yeah!" She cheers, raising her little arms over her head. "Broffer or sissa soon!"

I stand back and smile, maybe not as soon as she might like but a lot sooner than Hunter and I thought.

_____________