Chapter 77

Hunter's POV

As Renee takes a sip of her coffee I use the opportunity to process what she just said.

"We'd either be pregnant by now, or trying to get pregnant. Remember how we always said we wanted to have 2 to 3 children by the time we were 30?"

I shake my head, yes. I can't seem to form any words.

"Do you ever wonder what our second child would have been if we had stayed together? I think about it a lot. For some reason I feel like we would have had a little boy, the spiting image of you, with dirty blonde hair and the same soulful blue eyes as his daddy."

Why is she saying all this stuff? "Actually, I haven't thought about our life together in awhile."

"At least not since you and Liddy started dating, I'm sure." She takes another sip of her coffee. "What did we have picked out for a boy's name before we discovered we were having Harper?"

"Easton." I say without thinking.

Renee smiles brightly. "That's right. I wanted Jacob and you wanted Easton. So after much debate and MANY tickle fights, you finally convinced me that if we had a girl she should be named Harper after my grandmother and if it was a boy he should be called Easton after your grandfather."

"If I recall, it didn't take a lot of persuasion."

"You're right." She says as she closes the gab between us. Now she is standing right in front of me. So close that I can see the tiny scar on her forehead, a reminder that she had chicken pox as a child. It's usually carefully hidden beneath her blonde bangs, but for some reason it isn't right now. If she knew it was showing she would quickly try to cover it. She always felt it was ugly.

"I loved the name Easton right from the moment you suggested it. I just kept bringing up the name Jacob because it was so much fun letting you try to "convince" me to change my mind. Your ways of persuading me always included your lips or your hands, or both. Do you remember that? And what always happened next?" She asks seductively.

I try to fight it, but I can't, reluctantly I flashback to some of our more memorable "battles". "Yeah, I do."

She grins from ear to ear as she places her hands on my chest and starts to lean towards me. When my phone rings, I jump and step back, turning as I pull my phone from my back pocket. It's Liddy.

H: "Hey."

L: "Hi babe, I just wanted you to know that I will be home a bit later than I had thought. Liz wants to show me a few dresses she thinks I might like for the bridesmaids."

H: "Oh, okay, well have fun". I say as I walk into Renee's Living Room.

L "We will. What are you doing?"

H: "I'm still at Renee's. She bought Harper a doll House and I've been watching her play with it."

L: "Oh, I bet she loves it!"

H: "She does. She keeps rearranging the furniture, just like she does with the one you got her. We might have a future interior designer on our hands." I hear her laugh. "So since you won't be home for awhile, I thought I might go visit my parents."

L: "That's a great idea. Your mom will love to see you. Tell them both I say hi."

H: "I'll do that".