Chapter 19

Liddy's POV

Craig and I are on our way to Hunter's house to meet Leo and Lynette and get a tour of the apartment. I am really excited. I have no idea what to expect. Hunter hasn't shared any details with me, but if I'm being honest I haven't really given him an opportunity to. I've been doing everything in my power to avoid being alone with him.

Craig removes his hand from the steering wheel and grabs my hand. "A penny for your thoughts."

I turn and smile at him. "I am just wondering what the apartment is going to look like. Will it have carpet or tile floors? Will it be a studio apartment with one big room or will there be a separate bedroom? Stuff like that."

"You never asked Hunter any details when you signed your contract?"

"No, I was just so thankful to be given an apartment to stay in. I didn't really care. You know I'm not a fan of my current place, so I figured anything is better than that."

"Well, we're almost there, so you'll find out soon enough."

Hunter lives in a gated community. All the houses have huge lawns, swimming pools and long driveways. Privacy is not an issue. As we approach Hunter's house we can see Leo and Lynette sitting on the front porch. They wave and walk down the steps to meet us.

I give them each a hug then I introduce them to Craig. Leo and Craig shake hands and exchange pleasantries while I take the opportunity to ask Lynette if she knows how Harper is doing. I have been really worried about her, to the point that it's starting to annoy Craig.

"I think she's doing fine. We haven't heard anything from Renee. We plan to call and check up on Harps after we finish here. Knowing Hunter I'm sure he has already called several times today." She giggles. "My son is a bit of a worrywart when it comes to his daughter, if you haven't figured that out yet."

"Oh believe me. I know all about it." I roll my eyes and we both start to laugh.

"Well, Miss Liddy are you ready to see your future home?" Leo asks.

"Yes!" I exclaim. "I can't wait."

We follow Leo around to the back of Hunter's garage to a set of stairs that lead to a large deck. Once we are all on the deck, Leo starts to explain a few things. "Before we go in I want you to know that it's not finished inside. There is still some trim that needs to be put up and the whole place needs paint. Right now everything is just primed white. Liddy, Hunter wants you to tell me if you would like anything changed, so please keep that in mind as you walk through." I shake my head, yes. Leo then walks over and reaches for the door handle. "Ladies first." He says as he opens the door and motions for Lynette and I to go inside.

I can't believe what I see. It's absolutely beautiful. There are hardwood floors everywhere stained a gorgeous mahogany color. It's a totally open floor plan. The kitchen cabinets are a soft white color with brushed nickel handles. The granite counter top has shades of black, cranberry, cream, tan and gray. There is a large stainless steel refrigerator plus a wall oven and a dishwasher, which are also made of stainless steel, as is the built in microwave and sink. The island that divides the kitchen from the living room has to be at least 7 feet long. It's huge. The living room has built in shelves that flank where the TV will go and there are large windows that let in a ton of light. I'm in shock at how amazing it looks.