Chapter 37

Liddy's POV

As I lay in bed, all I can think about is that in less than 15 hours I have to get on a bus with Harper and Hunter. How am I suppose to do that if he's with Kelly? How am I suppose to live in such close quarters with him, after the kiss we shared? Even though it didn't mean anything to him, our first kiss was perfect to me, better than anything I ever imagined. It's going to be so difficult to forget.

Even though Hunter wasn't the first man I ever kissed or the first man I ever loved, he was the only man that I ever truly saw a future with. I thought we would fall in love, get married and someday find a way to have babies. Then we would raise our beautiful family in this house and grow old together watching our children mature into loving and caring adults with families of their own. 

When the tears start to form yet again, I realize I can't continue to think this way. If I do I'm NEVER going to be able to perform my job. I need to stop thinking about what I'm loosing by Hunter not loving me. Instead I have to concentrate on the things I do have. Like an incredible and supportive family who loves me and the sweetest little girl in the whole wide world, who depends on me, to take care of her.

I just need to focus all my attention on Harper and work on being the best nanny I can be. By doing that I know I can make it through this. No one dies from a broken heart. Eventually, I'll forget I even loved Hunter and if I'm lucky I will meet another man that I can love and who will love me back.

Once I have my game plan all worked out on how to deal with everything, I head to the kitchen to get some food and cold compresses to hold over my eyes. I don't want any evidence of puffiness in the morning. As I sit at the island and eat a bowl of Raisin Brand cereal, I take a second to look at my phone, I notice 15 messages. 12 are from Liz and the last 3 are from Hunter. 

I'm surprised that he would even text me, since he's most likely with Kelly spending their last night together, before he leaves again tomorrow. Just thinking about the two of them together makes my blood boil. I know I shouldn't bother to read any of his messages, but my curiosity gets the better of me.

Text # 1....H: Harper and I want to thank you for taking her on the carousel. She had so much fun. It's all she's talked about since getting home. We both want you to feel better soon.

Text #2....H: If you need ANYTHING, please call or text me and I'll come right over. Take care.

Text #3....H: Harps and I are worried about you. I hope your migraine goes away soon, I really need to talk with you.

I laugh at the last text. I'm sure you want to talk. But I don't want to hear it.  I say to myself as I grab some more ice to place over my eyes. Praying silently that I'll feel the same way in the morning.

__________

Liddy's POV

"I'm fine, Liz. Don't worry about me. I got all my crying out yesterday, there's nothing left."

"Are you sure?" I hear her ask, through the speaker of my IPhone. "What are you going to do? You have to watch Harper at 9 AM."

"I plan to come right out and apologize to Hunter first thing this morning, for drinking way too much champagne, last night. Then I'm going to admit that I made a HUGE mistake kissing him since he's my boss."

"Okay, But what good is that going to do?"

"Don't you see? By me confessing that the only reason I kissed him was because I was drunk and not because I have romantic feelings for him, he shouldn't have any reason to tell me about Kelly. I'll make it abundantly clear that I regret everything that happened. Hopefully, I can convince him I don't care about him on a personal level. If I do that, then he souldn't feel he needs to explain to me how he and Kelly hooked up last night, since it will be obvious I don't expect him to think of me as anything but his nanny."