Chapter 95

Liddy's POV

As soon as Hunter leaves the room, Renee starts glaring at me. It makes me a bit uncomfortable, but I hold my ground.

"I was going to suggest we walk outside to talk, so Hunter won't overhear, but you're certainly not dressed for that."

"You're right I'm not, but I can wrap up in a blanket if it would make you more comfortable."

"Or you could go change." She suggests bitterly.

"No, I think I'll stay with what I'm wearing."

"Fine." She hisses. "Let's at least go and sit down." She says as she walks over to the couch.

I follow, but sit across from her in one of the over sized leather chairs. "So what did you want to talk about, Renee?"

"Hunter."

"Of course, what about him?"

"Why did you have to come back and lure him away? Why couldn't you have just left us alone?"

"I didn't lure him away."

"Stop acting coy. We both know that the only reason you moved back into your apartment was to make it easier to seduce him."

"First off, I did NOT move back into my apartment to try and cause problems between you two. I moved back because I had stayed long enough at my sister's house. The only plan I had was to try and avoid both of you, as much as possible until I moved."

"You're moving?"

"I intended to, until Hunter and I talked."

"What did you talk about?"

"That's none of your business."

"Yes, it is! I have the right to know why he walked away from me."

"I believe he told you."

She fakes a laugh. "Yay, he used some excuse about he and I wanting to raise Harper differently."

"That's not an excuse. Harper means the world to him. He wants to give her the best childhood possible and...."

"And that would be for he and I to raise her together."

"Obviously, he doesn't agree."

"He did till you moved back in. What did you say to him, to make him change his mind about us?"

"I DIDN'T do or say anything!" I say loudly. I'm frustrated and you can hear it in my tone.

"He and I could be so happy if he would just give me another chance. I could get pregnant and we could give Harper the baby brother or sister she so desperately wants. We both know you can't do that." She says smugly.

I try to hide how much her comment hurt. "Who told you that?"

"He did." She smiles brightly. "One of the nights when we were snuggled up together, out of the blue, he mentioned that one of his biggest concerns he had about marrying you was the fact that he might never have any more children because of your in ability to get pregnant."

I'm shocked that Hunter would discuss my condition, with Renee of all people. I'm sure she's lying but I still feel tears forming in my eyes. I fight to hold them back. I refuse to let her know the anguish she's causing me. "Well, it couldn't be too big of a deal because he chose me and not you."

I can see the anger on her face. It takes her several deep breaths before she can speak. "Do you care for my daughter?"

"Of course, I do."