Chapter 79

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the long delay in posting an update, like I mentioned at the end of my last chapter, I am super busy until the end of October. Because of my lack of time, I have been forcing myself to write much faster than I like, which causes me to make sloppy mistakes. That's exactly what happened in the last chapter and I apologize for that. Since it bothered me so much, I had to go back and edited it.

So please, if you have the time, re read chapter 78 before going on to read this chapter, I think it'll make more sense. lol

Thanks again for being such awesome and patient readers! You're the best!

___________

Chapter 79

Liddy's POV

I look at the clock for the third time in twenty minutes. I'm starting to really worry about where Hunter is? I expected him to come straight home once he dropped Harper off at Renee's, which was over an hour ago. I've tried calling him several times and he hasn't picked up.

I pace the floor for ten more minutes. Periodically checking my phone looking for a message, but there's still no word from him. I finally break down and decide to call Matt, hoping he'll tell me that something came up at the studio and Hunter left later than planned.

"Hello?"

"Hey Matt, it's Liddy."

"Oh hi, how are you?"

"I'm okay, but I'm kind of worried about Hunter. He hasn't come home yet. I've tried calling him several times and he isn't answering. Do you happen to know when he left the studio today?"

"I'm pretty sure he and Harps left around 4:00 PM."

Wow, that was earlier than I thought. "Do you know if he was planning to return to the studio after he dropped her off?"

"Uhm, I don't think so. The rest of us left at 5 pm and he wasn't there. But this is Hunter we are talking about. He easily could have shown up after we left. Maybe he's recording a demo or something so he can't hear his phone."

"Ah yay, that's probably exactly what he's doing." I say, even though I don't believe it for a second. "Thanks Matt, sorry to bother you."

"No, bother. Would you like me to text the rest of the band? Maybe one of them knows something more?"

"No, that's okay. I'll just keep trying his phone. He'll answer eventually." I fake a laugh. "Thanks again. Say hi to Stephanie for me."

"I will, bye."

"Bye."

As soon as I end the call, I feel ill. If he left work at 4 pm he should have been home a long time ago. I doubt he went back to the studio because he would have texted me. He's either been in an accident or he's still at Renee's.

My gut tells me it's the latter. He hasn't been himself at all, since he took Harper to her house, last weekend. He's been distracted and distant. He's unaware, but I know he's been talking and texting with Renee more than usual. I've accidentally overheard them on the phone and I've seen her name pop up on his cell. Now, he's hours late and not responding to my messages.

As I begin to finally connect the dots, the bile in my stomach begins to rise. I immediately sit down and force myself to breath deeply. When tears threaten to escapes my eyes I don't try to fight it. I let them fall freely. I know with every fiber of my being, that when he eventually comes home, I'm not going to like what he has to tell me.